Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector Slideshow Area
Grai [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2008 10:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just downloaded the trial and when I produced the slideshow, it came out with a huge blage space around it. The photos are very tiny in that space.How do I fix this?
[Post New]
Hello Grai,

Welcome to the PhD forum

In the Slideshow module, which defaults to 16:9, what options did you select to produce your video?

Are you referring to the black bars at the sides of the video? That's because many cameras produce photos in something like 4:3 aspect ratio. In a 16:9 video, there will be black bars. The way to overcome that is to crop each photo to 16:9.

It sounds like something else is happening if you say the photos are "tiny in that space". Could you please post a screenshot of part of your slideshow?

PIX
[Thumb - Image Crop.jpg]
 Filename
Image Crop.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2013 14:39

PIX YouTube channel
Grai [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is a screenshot of what I am getting. The actual photo sizes are 680x183. The box in whole is coming out that size but the actual photos, as you can see, are very tiny inside of the box
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
87 time(s)
Grai [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is the actual wmv slideshow
 Filename
My Slideshow Video.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
Slideshow
 Filesize
6889 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
234 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello again,

There's the issue. The images you're using are almost 4:1 aspect ratio and they're being displayed in a 16:9 screen. By the way, some of them have been stretched to the point of distortion.

If you want to avoid the black space, it's best to match the AR of the photos with the AR of the video. Another option with 4:1 shots is to pan across them (which you cannot do in PhD)

In the attached example, using your 8 images:
1-2 - no cropping
3-4 - minor cropping
5-8 - cropped to 16:9
- slideshow generated in PhD
Last 4 images are panned (made in PowerDirector).

PIX
 Filename
SS_Elongated.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3191 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
258 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel