Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Access to Cyberlink Forums
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Good day everyone. I have been away for awhile because my main computer will not keep me logged in from the Members Zone when I click to go to Forums. I have checked that I am not banned by the Moderator and opened a ticket with CL, who are as baffled as I am. No error messages appear.

CL Tech Support can log in with my credentials to the Members Zone, and then proceed to the CL Forums page still logged in, as can I on my LAPTOP. It is only my main computer that logs me out when proceeding from the CL Members Zone login page to the CL Forums page. When I login in again on the Forums page, it takes me back to the main Members Zone page, showing me logged in, and then I select Forums, and again I am logged out and have the option to "Login" or "Register". This just started about a week or ten days ago.

I can access all other areas of the Member Zone, including support tickets, registered products, etc. It is just the transition from the Member Zone main page to the Forums page that causes me to be invisibly logged out when the Forums page appears.

No major software or hardware changes to my computer. Am using IE10 as the browser on both computers, and CL have confirmed that IE10 works for them as well. Both computers have BitDefender Total Security 2013 and run RoboForm, though logging in without RoboForm assistance is no more successful on the main computer. The laptop OS is Win7 HP x64 and the main computer is Win 7 Pro x64, but I don't think that would make a difference ... ?

I would be grateful for any assistance or ideas that you might be able to provide. I guess I will have to drag out my laptop daily if I want to participate in the PD11 Forum until I, or more likely, one of you, find the solution to this strange issue on my main computer.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have been away for awhile because my main computer will not keep me logged in from the Members Zone when I click to go to Forums.

One simple thing to try: delete Cookies. In I.E. click TOOLS|INTERNET OPTIONS|DELETE.

Or use a "cleaner." The free version of this one is popular. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Pay attention during install to avoid extras, such as toolbars, that you may not want.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 19. 2013 14:48

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I would Open Internet Explorer goto Safety > Delete Browsing history, check all of the items to be sure, although you may not want to delete your history and forms data.

You can also try resetting Internet Explorer.
In Internet Explorer:
Tools > Internet options > on the Advanced Tab Click the Reset button. That will set Internet Explorer back to defaults.

Reset button is under: Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Try another browser. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated. I use CCleaner almost daily so that there is no temp file buildup. I did use the IE10 Tools, Options, to delete everything. No success there. Did the IE10 reset. Still no joy. I suppose I could install another browser, but that would be a last resort particularly because both Cyberlink and my laptop have been able to function just fine with IE10.

I should note that the same issue happened for a few days with DirectorZone and then resolved itself for some unknown reason. I have to wonder if it is really my browser and computer configuration, since it is the CL Forums page that has logged me out. I am not getting any errors or information messages. I am just "logged out" when clicking from the Members Zone, where I am logged in, to select Forums, when the Forums page appears. I am not sure how my browser could control what the CL website is displaying or how it could log me out of a website to which I am logged in ... ?

I have attached screenshots of what is occurring.

Any other ideas would be welcome. CL Tech Support is still grappling with the issue, and I have to say that they have been very prompt in responding. For sure, this is a weird one ...

Have a great day, and thanks again for your suggestions and ideas. This really starting to drive me a little foolish ... and that's a very short drive for me!

Regards,
-Phil
[Thumb - clforum1.jpg]
 Filename
clforum1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
254 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
134 time(s)
[Thumb - clforum3.jpg]
 Filename
clforum3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
310 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
137 time(s)
[Thumb - clforum2.jpg]
 Filename
clforum2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
373 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
140 time(s)
Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same go-around and around, I think it was with FireFox. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
garioch7, are you refreshing the page after you do forum login?

I find that when I click PostReply when I am not logged in, I am taken to the member zone to log in.

Then when I leave the member zone, and go back to the page where I was to reply, if I refresh the page, my login is recognized.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2013 08:25

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

garioch7
[Post New]
Carl:

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the Refresh (F5), but it did not solve the problem. I would be grateful for any other ideas, as I was indeed grateful for that idea.

I will give CL Tech Support another day or two to see if they can come up with a solution. If not, I will bite the bullet and install Google Chrome as an alternate browser on the main computer, though I don't like the idea of two browsers fighting with each other. If it works, it would certainly beat having to drag out and fire up the old laptop every day to participate here. I would keep checking my main computer's IE10 functionality because perhaps some piece of software on my main computer will update itself and cease to cause a problem, or CL Tech Support can figure out why their Forum website is picking on me when I use my main computer or somehow change some parameter on the Forum website.

This is really peculiar. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Carl:

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the Refresh (F5), but it did not solve the problem. I would be grateful for any other ideas, as I was indeed grateful for that idea.

I will give CL Tech Support another day or two to see if they can come up with a solution. If not, I will bite the bullet and install Google Chrome as an alternate browser on the main computer, though I don't like the idea of two browsers fighting with each other. If it works, it would certainly beat having to drag out and fire up the old laptop every day to participate here. I would keep checking my main computer's IE10 functionality because perhaps some piece of software on my main computer will update itself and cease to cause a problem, or CL Tech Support can figure out why their Forum website is picking on me when I use my main computer or somehow change some parameter on the Forum website.

This is really peculiar. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Do you like Mozilla firefox?

Search for firefox download.

Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue between home and work computers, can login and it shows logged in at home and at work logs in but when I go to the forums, I am logged out, go back to Members Zone and I am logged in. Haven't been able to figure it out yet. Yes I did clean cookies, reset IE10, run CCleaner the whole gambit. Nothing works. So Phil your not alone.

Dave HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Sorry to hear bout the hassle. Just outta curiosity have you got "keep me logged in" on any of them selected? Maybe you haven't on one (or both) of them, try it and see.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread, if I find anything out I will let you all know. James1 I am looking at the settings here at home and if I get the chance tomorrow I will check the one at work. Its like it just quit working there. I have no restrictions on that system either.

Dave HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
garioch7
[Post New]
Dave:

Glad to know that Cyberlink is not just picking on me. Hope you get your issue sorted out.

James, I don't have keep me logged in selected for the Members Zone. I don't even see that option.

Will wait until Friday and then consider installing an alternate browser to see if that does me any good on my main computer. Not too optimistic since IE10 logs in fine from this laptop, and CL Tech Support could login as well with my credentials using IE10. Of course, each computer is unique so it might be something really nebulous with my main computer.

Have a great day, and thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
garioch7
[Post New]
Good day all. I finally bit the bullet and installed Google Chrome. I can now access the CL Forums just fine from my main computer. I can only conclude that for some unknown reason, the IE10 on my main computer was sending some bits or bytes to the CL website directing it to log me out when I clicked on Forums after logging in successfully to the MemberZone. As I noted previously, I could access everything on MemberZone except the Forums, where I would be logged out when I got to that screen. Most odd.

I will continue to test IE10 from my main computer, particularly after there have been Windows Updates, to see if it ever functions again as it should on the main computer with respect to CL Forums. Interestingly, as I have noted, I can login to the DZ forums just fine, although that site too acted up for a few days (same problem). By the way, the DZ Forums are looking a little better. Less spam now - they have required to capcha to post there now, which is probably discouraging some of the spammers.

Thank you for all of your ideas and suggestions and I am open to more since I would like to be able to use IE10, my default browser, for all of my surfing.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra