Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to remove top and bottom bar in FUll Screen mode?
Steve6115
Newbie Location: West New York, NJ Joined: May 15, 2011 22:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am using Power DVD 12, and when I put the DVD in full screen, there remains the top and bottom bars, the top bar with Power DVD on the left and various controls on the top left, and the play, pause, stop buttons, etc. on the botton bar. I want the screen in FULL screen without these bars. I can find no control to get this.

What can I do?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am using Power DVD 12, and when I put the DVD in full screen, there remains the top and bottom bars, the top bar with Power DVD on the left and various controls on the top left, and the play, pause, stop buttons, etc. on the botton bar. I want the screen in FULL screen without these bars. I can find no control to get this.

What can I do?

did you simply try to move your mouse out of the way and wait a second or two. That works for me, .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Steve6115
Newbie Location: West New York, NJ Joined: May 15, 2011 22:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
No, that does not do it. As you say, it normally does.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve,
you may post a screenshot of your desktop when PDVD is in full screen (while playback).

Just to be sure - you are in full - screen mode (not just maximized the playback window)?

This happens to all content or specific content type?

thx
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Steve6115
[Post New]
The link to download the screenshot is here: http://www.4shared.com/photo/XejsQU0X/Fullscreen_screenshot.html

The bars at the top and bottom remain even when the mouse cursor is off the screen.

M8R [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 31, 2010 18:41 Messages: 89 Offline
[Post New]
@Steve6115
That's not fullscreen. You maximized the window. Just double-click the mouse while its pointer is in the PDVD window or left-click the four arrows symbol at the bottom right corner.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 19. 2013 01:37

Steve6115
[Post New]
Oh, my Lord! What's the matter with me. One click didn't seem to do it, but repeated clicks on the four arrows removed the bars. Sorry to be such a nerd and thanks for your suggestions, everyone! This issue is fixed!