Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
eC00C0005 when burning disc, have already downloaded 3026
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]

Hi there, hope someone can help.
I'm very new to Cyberlink.
Having created my new production in avchd widescreen I want to burn it to a dvd in the avchd format.
When I click burn I get the error code eC00C0005.
I looked it up on the internet, saw your previous reply to another user, Dafydd, and downloaded the update to build 3026.
Unfortunately the same thing has happened. I don't seem to be able to burn my 29 minute 4.0Gb production.
I have a snip of the error, but don't know how to add it to this page.
I wish I knew a bit more of what to tell you.
Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, Quad cpu, ...
please be basic if you have any tips, I'm not very good at this...(I thought I was!!)

My other problem is that the rendering was soooo slow! 3.5hrs just for 29 minutes. I guess my computer is not up to it.
It has only 4Gb of ram, but I thought the quad core would work it ok.
Is there anything I can do to improve this? Any info I could give you ?

I would appreciate your help, thankyou.
Jenny Jenny
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
PD11 - 64 bit ultra
SRVDE130529-01
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
274 time(s)
[Thumb - cyberlink burning disc error code.JPG]
 Filename
cyberlink burning disc error code.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
154 time(s)
Jenny
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there, hope someone can help.
I'm very new to Cyberlink.
Having created my new production in avchd widescreen I want to burn it to a dvd in the avchd format.
When I click burn I get the error code eC00C0005.
I looked it up on the internet, saw your previous reply to another user, Dafydd, and downloaded the update to build 3026.
Unfortunately the same thing has happened. I don't seem to be able to burn my 29 minute 4.0Gb production.
I have a snip of the error, but don't know how to add it to this page.
I wish I knew a bit more of what to tell you.
Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, Quad cpu, ...
please be basic if you have any tips, I'm not very good at this...(I thought I was!!)

My other problem is that the rendering was soooo slow! 3.5hrs just for 29 minutes. I guess my computer is not up to it.
It has only 4Gb of ram, but I thought the quad core would work it ok.
Is there anything I can do to improve this? Any info I could give you ?

I would appreciate your help, thankyou.
Jenny

Quote: PD11 - 64 bit ultra
SRVDE130529-01

Hi jaymay22,
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for including the diagnostic file and the screenshot of the error message. You will note the error message specifically states "Out of Memory" and two other reasons for the error message. With only 4GB of Ram you are below the minimum specifications for HD editing. You need to increase the RAM in your computer to 8+GB, this is the minimum you should aim for in my opinion.

Please opt to Write to Folder* and see if your computer can carry out that task with your project.

*Checking the Write to Folder and Burn to Disc splits the disc writing process and for less powerful computers reduces the burden on the CPU.

I'd like to view what your project is - a screenshot of the Edit Workspace please. I'm looking to see if you have selected to create Shadow Edit files and whether you're doing this correctly for the program and your computer. There is a problem if you aren't.

I note in your diagnostic your graphic drivers are not the most recent. I have to be cautious here as there have been issues recently for ATI users. For the moment hang back from updating.

You also have other editing software in place. I note you have a codec's pack installed, this is ok but I don't believe they are needed any longer for editors.

Dafydd
jaymay22
[Post New]
jenny's screenshot
[Thumb - screenshot.png]
 Filename
screenshot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1799 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)
Jenny
jaymay22
[Post New]
mmm. No, checking write to folder when the burn options window is up, did not help. I got the same error code.

I'm a bit dumb when it comes to graphics cards and drivers.
Yes, I have HD Writer, which is the software provided by Panasonic when I bought my TM 900 Full HD camera.
It's ok, but VERY basic. I don't like the interface much, as it has little way to preview, and I can't do much with it in regards to effects. (With teen boys it's nice to do reverse jumping OUT of the pool etc....) Having said that, it never had any blips rendering, was extremely fast rendering to AVCHD projects and burning to disc. In fact a lovely feature of it was that it could burn a very long project to 2 or more discs and just break the project up for you, prompting when to put in the next one. That was a pleasure!
But because my computer doesn't seem to handle cyberlink as well as it did HD Writer, I have tried to keep my projects to 30 mins. so it would fit on one dvd in AVCHD.

Ah well, a little bit of knowledge seems to be dangerous in my case! I'm just not that savvy I think.
I'd love to use Cyberlink but perhaps I just have to wait for a better computer?
I really appreciate your help, it's wonderful.
Jenny Jenny
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: mmm. No, checking write to folder when the burn options window is up, did not help. I got the same error code.

I'm a bit dumb when it comes to graphics cards and drivers.
Yes, I have HD Writer, which is the software provided by Panasonic when I bought my TM 900 Full HD camera.
It's ok, but VERY basic. I don't like the interface much, as it has little way to preview, and I can't do much with it in regards to effects. (With teen boys it's nice to do reverse jumping OUT of the pool etc....) Having said that, it never had any blips rendering, was extremely fast rendering to AVCHD projects and burning to disc. In fact a lovely feature of it was that it could burn a very long project to 2 or more discs and just break the project up for you, prompting when to put in the next one. That was a pleasure!
But because my computer doesn't seem to handle cyberlink as well as it did HD Writer, I have tried to keep my projects to 30 mins. so it would fit on one dvd in AVCHD.

Ah well, a little bit of knowledge seems to be dangerous in my case! I'm just not that savvy I think.
I'd love to use Cyberlink but perhaps I just have to wait for a better computer?
I really appreciate your help, it's wonderful.
Jenny

Hi Jenny,
Thank you for the screenshot. The preview image of the birds looks great.

Here's what I noticed - might help, might not as you're still under the minimum ram requirement.
1. You have Shadow Edit files being created - that's ok so long as you make sure ALL are produced before you start editing. All HD files must have the green icon in the video file thumbnails. ALL because you would cause your CPU to continually work and this may lead to edit/render and other niggles.
2. You have added Fix/Enhance to all your video files - this can be a problem area stressing your whole computer where you have insufficient ram. What happens if you don't have the Fix/Enhance options?

At the moment your 4GB limit is a problem you need to fix. You may be able to upgrade that area by calling in a techie to help.

Dafydd

jaymay22
[Post New]
Thankyou Dafydd, so helpful!
I did exactly that and rang my local computer guy. He said trying to do video editing on this computer was 'like buying a pushbike from K Mart and then trying to win the Grand Prix! (love it!) So will try those tips. I'll disengage the fix/enhance from those clips, I probably used it on about a third, (but I do love the reverse jump back out of the pool, effect!) and I will ensure all thumbnails are green before proceeding. I didn't know that!

I will test it, and then also shelve the project until a better computer option arises. (Brought up the subject with husband, who seems to thing 'happy wife, happy life....) so looking good...

Thanks for the nice comment about my bird photo. Those are rainbow lorikeets, on my deck in the afternoon, at home here in Sydney. They're beautiful aren't they. Noisy, but lovely. My son was trying to study and had to go inside

thankyou again, much appreciated.
It's a great programme, and I think I can learn a lot from it.
My next trick is to work out that rather confusing DVD menu stuff. I found the chapters (only 4 chapter buttons on avchd?) a problem, and then found the background confusing and still haven't worked out quite how to do it. Regardless of the tutorial,....
I like a TV wall style one, Windows DVD maker has a lovely one, ...one button, aaahhhh...simplicity....

thankyou Dafydd. Jenny