Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd 13 bug report 3105
[Post New]
hello,

powerdvd 13 seems pretty buggy to me.

h264 with lossless audio in m2ts container - copied from bluray disc [mine, genuine] has stutter issues software/hardware decode [truetheater effects on/off] - hardware has it reduced to a single frameskip every so often as oppsed to software with starts fine and a minute later is jerking.

freeze on exit. pretty common. it happens after configuring powerdvd's settings. i make a lot of changes. the program uses maximum cpu under a single thread constantly so you can't run another powerdvd session [powerdvd is already running] you have to force close it. fortunately settings are saved.

i remove all file associations from powerdvd, yet they remain under windows explorer. not good.

core 2 quad 2.33
hd4850 1gb vram
6gb ram
7 64
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

you may post more information on your issues.
Please check the must have read thread in order to understand the info we need in this forum, post as many info as possible:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27714.page

About the jitter/stutter issue it is important that you cross-check the original BD, does not run smooth or does it show the same issue at the same position?

Do you use auto frame rate settings? If not what are your refresh rate settings of the display?

br
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What else do you have running during playback? Anti-virus, e-mail, etc. How often do you do maintenance on your computer? The Part B information that I requested in the other thread would have been a big help. Now Michael has asked for the same information and more. Are you really serious about getting some help or do you just want to complain? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
blurays are fine. i think it's the m2ts container itself because it may be a variation of the bluray m2ts.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: blurays are fine. i think it's the m2ts container itself because it may be a variation of the bluray m2ts.

Are you going to answer any questions or just speculate?

If you feel that there is a real bug (see your other post for my definition of bug) then this is not the right place to complain. Contact technical services (see Michael's signature). We can't do anyhting with the information you provided nor do we even know what you want done. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
[Post New]
up
 Filename
msinfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
771 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
584 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
316 time(s)
Picard256 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2012 21:37 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same jitter/stutter when playing MKV files.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: I have the same jitter/stutter when playing MKV files.

Pickard, Please post your computer specs via dxdiag.

I downloaded a sample mkv file (men in black) and it played with no problems. If the mkv file is a public one, please post a link to where we can download and look at it. .