Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can not import HDV files to Powerdirector 6 ?
Rasmus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2008 15:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have some HDV AVI movies and HDV WMV movies on my Harddrive.
I have tried to Import them in my Powerdirector 6 (newest Patch).
Only 2 of the 12 succeed in powerdirector 6.
My pinnacle Videostudio 11 can`t import them either.

The HDV movies are 1280 X 720 and some are 852X480 - But I can`t import them - WHY ??? It it both AVI and WMV files.

But my Vista Mediaplayers won`t play them either (VLC Player, BSPlayer and Windows Mediaplayer)

Is the Files to new a format to play yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2008 13:31

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

What is the original source of these file formats please?

Without having a sample it will be hard for CyberLink to assist you - the RD department would need a couple of seconds of video to assess. If you have that .. then I would ask for an upload location (to a CyberLink ftp site) for you.

Let me know.

Dafydd
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
The HDV movies are 1280 X 720 and some are 852X480 - But I can`t import them - WHY ??? It it both AVI and WMV files.

But my Vista Mediaplayers won`t play them either (VLC Player, BSPlayer and Windows Mediaplayer)

Is the Files to new a format to play yet.

1280X720 is a progressive scan format and 852X480 is not an HD format at all. True HD format is 1440X1080 interlaced or progressive. I suspect the files you have may be recorded TV programming perhaps? In any case, any HD-enabled player/editor will have problems with a non-standard format. Windows Media Player has a pretty high fault tolerance so if they won;t play on that then there must be something wrong with them or they have been corrupted somehow.
oudinmel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2010 22:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sure where your original HDV video from.
Maybe the problem lies in its incompatibility of Powerdirector 6.
Try to decode your HDV AVI video files to other common video formats, like WMV or divx avi.

the following guide maybe helpful:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%61%75%6E%73%6F%66%74-video-converter&btnI
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
This thread is 2 years* 6 months old and we have all moved on.

Dafydd

* edited with the years added

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2010 06:55

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
A Wee bit longer than six months old. Take a look at the year that previous post was written....2008!! They have also probaly moved to a new country!
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, so I missed the year... ha ha....

Dafydd