Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Detect scenes feature not accurate.
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
When using the detect scenes feature, two frames of the next adjacent scene are attached. Adjustment of the sensitivity setting of 50 to 100 will sometimes reduce that to one frame. Did not try a lower than 50 setting.

In other words the scene detect decision is made one or two frames too late.

Interestingly this is NOT the case with the occasional sequence of still photos that are part of the video stream.

The material is 1920x1080 60P m2ts

Eugene

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 30. 2013 14:54

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd, good morning.

I wonder if you could comment on this.

The absence of extra frames when stills are used appears noteworthy and might be a clue.

Scene detect is rarely used here so it is not a big deal. But it would be nice not having to spend the time taking the extra frames out.The last SW update was to fix this .The version 3026 is used here.

Surprisingly an other editing software I occasionally use has the same problem.

Best Regards

Eugene

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 02. 2013 12:54

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When using the detect scenes feature, two frames of the next adjacent scene are attached. Adjustment of the sensitivity setting of 50 to 100 will sometimes reduce that to one frame. Did not try a lower than 50 setting.

In other words the scene detect decision is made one or two frames too late.

Interestingly this is NOT the case with the occasional sequence of still photos that are part of the video stream.

The material is 1920x1080 60P m2ts

Eugene

Quote: Dafydd, good morning.

I wonder if you could comment on this.

The absence of extra frames when stills are used appears noteworthy and might be a clue.

Scene detect is rarely used here so it is not a big deal. But it would be nice not having to spend the time taking the extra frames out.The last SW update was to fix this .The version 3026 is used here.

Surprisingly an other editing software I occasionally use has the same problem.

Best Regards

Eugene

Hi Eugene,

The problem with scene detection based on visual changes is, it in not accurate and shouldn't be fully relied on. It's a rough cut.

I have experimented with it and my view hasn't changed.

Dafydd