Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding Effect tracks
gerthe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2013 16:32 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hello to all! - can anybody tell me how to add more than one effect for a single clip? Lets say that I have a 20 sec. clip on the Video Track, and want to use two different effects from the Particle Room for 10 seconds each. I can add the first effect, but the second I can only put directly on the video clip on the Video Track. In general, is it so that only one (1) Particle Effect can be used for limited length, an all the others shall be put directly on the video-clip itself?
Thanks, in advance, Gert
[Thumb - cybe q 30 07 13.jpg]
 Filename
cybe q 30 07 13.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Video and effect tracks
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
113 time(s)
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Gert,

What I did was take the 20 second clip, place on track one in timeline, split it at 10 seconds. Then apply the particle effects needed on one clip (up to 7), then apply the particle effects needed on the other clip (up to 7)again.

In the Particle track, one cannot stack the effects on top of one another as one can in the video tracks.

Hope this answers your questions, if not then don't hesitate to reply back in more details.

Bill Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
gerthe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2013 16:32 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to you, Bill!

I was sort of guessing this kind a solution. The problem is that one is getting frustrated when trying and trying something that, like now, is not supported by the system.
But, as you mention, there are workarounds -I will try them out and certainly I will get a good movie out of that

Thanks again,

Gert