Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Opening Photo Director in Power Director
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded to Power Director 11. As a bonus, I was given Photo Director 3. I was under the impression that the two programs could interact, with Photo Director opening inside Power Director when an image is used in a video and you want to edit it--?

rbowser
[Post New]
Hello rbowser,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum.

The whole round trip editing idea was introduced with the release of PowerDirector 11 & its sister-suite of applications - PhotoDirector4, AudioDirector & ColorDirector.

In PowerDirector11 (with the sister software installed), when media is selected options are available for editing in PhD, CDR or ADR. This composite screenshot shows the interface:

PowerDirector11 doesn't link directly in this way with PhotoDirector3, but PhD3 can, of course, be used as standalone software to edit photos for use in video projects.

PIX
[Thumb - Suite_RoundTrip.jpg]
 Filename
Suite_RoundTrip.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
153 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
245 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2013 15:25

PIX YouTube channel
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ...

PowerDirector11 doesn't link directly in this way with PhotoDirector3, but PhD3 can, of course, be used as standalone software to edit photos for use in video projects.

PIX

Ah, I see - Thanks for the reply, Pix. Yes, this is fine for now, if I want to edit a photo to use in PD11, I can have the two programs opened independently. I've already seen that it's no problem to be running both. Thanks much.

rbowser