Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading to PD11 - old projects will open?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I'm finally going to upgrade to 11, so tired of how PD 9 isn't compatible with current NVIDIA drivers.

I've searched the Forums but haven't found posts about opening older projects in 11. I understand that sometimes people find they have to uninstall previous versions of PD for a successful install of 11 - Obviously I don't want to be stuck in a situation where I don't have software to open old projects.--

I probably shouldn't worry, right?

rbowser
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I can now answer my own question - I HAD to upgrade, so sick of not being able to keep my NVIDIA drivers up to date, since PD9 isn't compatible with them. And now, because of Cyberlink's maddening way of not allowing two versions of PD to be on a computer (the PD11 installer automatically uninstalls PD9) - I'm stuck with projects that DON'T work properly in PD11. They open, and most things work, but PiP Objects don't because the locations of the source material are different, and masks don't work for some reason -- lots of re-doing in my future in looks like.

I'll post questions in the PD11 Forum where users of this current version may be able to help.

---not a totally happy camper.

rbowser
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
hi,
When I installed PD9 (had PD, an old version automatically unistalled and all old projects were ok for new version too.
What you need to keep in mind: before installing, check, is you PC hardware etc suitable for PD11! PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: hi,
When I installed PD9 (had PD, an old version automatically unistalled and all old projects were ok for new version too.
What you need to keep in mind: before installing, check, is you PC hardware etc suitable for PD11!

Yes, Andres - Thanks for the reply, but my computer is completely suitable for PD11. The program works beautifully, but the location of PiP elements has now been installed in a different location. Old projects using any of those elements have a broken path to the images. See? That's the issue.

rbowser