Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding transition shortens video length
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2008 16:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PD6 with the update. Using this as an example I put 4 Jpegs into the time line at 6 seconds each, making the total length 24 seconds, when I add a transition(Fade) between the photos the total length becomes shorter. Why does this happen? Doesn't the transition split between the two clips equally which should not effect the length. What am I missing.

Thanks, Tom
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Thomas,

You have set an image to be placed on the time-line - it's 6 seconds long, place another besides it making two images totalling 12 seconds. Now add a Fade transition of two seconds. The Fade and every other transition merges the two images so they over lap each other. In this instance the Fade default length of two seconds means half of the fade's time of one second will come from one image and the second half of the fade from the other. The fade makes the images over lap by one second. If you set the fade to one second then half a second from each would be the merge.

You will end up with a shorter display BUT you can control both the length of the images and the length of the fade by changing the default settings and you can alter them individually with a double click on them in the time-line... also using the cursor extend option control (click and slide the edge).

Edit > Preferences

One additional note about transitions: A transition can be no longer than half the legth of the shortest clip.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2008 03:31