Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using the capture feature the S-Video connection does not work.
James Stoner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2011 09:53 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have used several capture devices and they all seem to have the same Problem the S-Video is always black. If I use the video RCA plugs works like charm is there problem with PD 11. Does anybody have any ideas.
thanks

Jim
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have used several capture devices and they all seem to have the same Problem the S-Video is always black. If I use the video RCA plugs works like charm is there problem with PD 11. Does anybody have any ideas.
thanks

Jim

Hi James Stoner,
I've only ever used the RCA connections. I'm curious to know what you're hooking up to for the S-Video connections? What is your interface device?

I don't think this is a major issue since you've already indicated you have RCA capability and both s-Video and RCA transfer the same analog video.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-Video

Dafydd

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I've had issues using s-video in the dim distant past because IIRC I had to actually specify the input signal of the card somewhere in the device driver. The fact that audio had to be handled separately also made things more difficult.

That being said, at the time it was worth the effort because I got visibly better results from my VHS recorder and I was paying a premium for S-VHS tapes. The few extra lines of resolution made a difference.

James Stoner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2011 09:53 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have use the pinnacle dazzle with the same results
but you are correct RCA Video in works fine. thanks for your response