Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can PAL DVDs play at 96% speed?
[Post New]
One thing I dislike about PAL DVDs is the speed-up in framerate. The video speedup isn't such a problem, but the audio speeedup is (has always been) annoying, since it means nothing is quite on pitch.

Can PDVD 13 adjust the speed of PAL DVD playback, as other products (VLC, WinDVD) can?

This would be a very useful feature.
M8R [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 31, 2010 18:41 Messages: 89 Offline
[Post New]
WinDVD is only changing the pitch of the sound (no clue about VLC).
You can use the free software ReClock. After installation play a movie with PowerDVD, click the clock symbol and check PAL speeddown.
Note that ReClock needs to be reinstalled whenever you update PowerDVD.
[Post New]
Thanks M8R. I had the idea from somewhere ReClock only worked with Windows' inbuilt Media Player, so I hadn't tried it under PowerDVD, which tends not to play very nicely with other software anyway.

Rather than try to integrate yet another piece of software, I might just stick with VLC (which has the added advantage of sidestepping region coding issues).

But I appreciate your reply. ;