Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering verses You Tube.....
boots471
Member Location: Toronto Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2011 16:25 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
I try to understand all the different rendering settings and have rendered the same video in all available options in PD 10
Lets say I upload a 1 GB video to You Tube and afterwards download it from You Tube it is only 240 MB

How can I get this result in Power Director? Any suggestions are welcome.
Maybe a different software to compress more but keep same quality?
Thanks
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I try to understand all the different rendering settings and have rendered the same video in all available options in PD 10
Lets say I upload a 1 GB video to You Tube and afterwards download it from You Tube it is only 240 MB

How can I get this result in Power Director? Any suggestions are welcome.
Maybe a different software to compress more but keep same quality?
Thanks

What format did you upload? What properties? Did you compare the download format and properties to what you expected?

Right click on the video and select properties then details and you will get the information.

Is this a question that you will use or are you just looking for informational purposes.? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Youtube crunches the heck out of what you upload.
And in doing so can cause video degradation. Compressing a 1GB file down to 240mb is great size wise but not quality wise.

I try to upload the smallest, but highest quality file I can squeeze out of PD.
My default for YT upload is good ole:
WMV 1280 X 720/30p (6Mbps) or
WMV 1920 X 1080/30p (10Mbps)

You want to compress your videos to different formats and play with the sizes afterwards then you can use Cyberlink's MediaExpresso. I use Freemake video converter.

R
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
boots471
[Post New]
Thanks Steve and Rob for your answer. First of my camera don't even take HD so here are the defaults out of the cam.
640x480
bitrate: 21409 Kbps
30 fps

I like Rob's 1280x720/30 setting it makes my 16 min video down to 600 mb. But the video is somewhat stretched to wide.
Can you suggest a setting for my above default setting?

Thanks
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Boots, did you do what I asked in my first reply? If you really are not that interested, then why did you ask? You need to do some work so we can help you.

Did you notice that Rob told you that the files he uses are WMV (Windows Movie Video) format? Also for your work, select a 720 by 480 ratio if that is what your camcorder uses.

Please take a little time to read about video formats and YouTube's upload requirements.

I hate sounding like I'm scolding you. If you are going to do any video work or gaming, these are things you need to know. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Steve and Rob for your answer. First of my camera don't even take HD so here are the defaults out of the cam.
640x480
bitrate: 21409 Kbps
30 fps

I like Rob's 1280x720/30 setting it makes my 16 min video down to 600 mb. But the video is somewhat stretched to wide.
Can you suggest a setting for my above default setting?

Thanks

Hi Boots,

You could try producing to a mp4 file type. There is a default profile of 640x480 at 8000 Kbps that you might like. If you are trying to scale down the final size of the video then this lower bitrate might be ok. If you want to experiment with altering the bitrate you can select the "+" sign button and adjust the bitrate to a custom setting using the video tab and entering a custom bitrate.

It is possible to create a custom WMV profile with a 640x480 resolution and a bitrate of your choosing. Let us know if you want to go that route. There is a tutorial on how to create a custom WMV profile on the PDtoots YouTube channel. Check it out and see if you like the results even better than the mp4.

Edit: this custom WMV profile can also be created and made available within Power Director for uploading to YouTube within Power Director as well. It just needs to be named correctly and be placed in the correct folder on your PC so that it is available in the drop down menu when you are uploading to YouTube.

We could even create the custom YouTube 640x480 WMV profile for you and attach it here in the forum. All you would need to do is download it and place it in the right folder. Then it would be available when upload to YouTube within Power Director.

Hope this helps!

Kevin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 18. 2013 08:58

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a custom wmv profile that I made that might work for you.

It is a YouTube wmv profile that will appear in the drop down menu if you use the YouTube uploader within PowerDirector.
It is set up to be 640x480 resolution, 30 fps, and a bitrate of 6,000Kbps. If this doesn't work or you want something different just let us know and we can make one exactly like you want. I just thought I would offer this one to get you going.

Please note: You must have your project aspect ratio set to 4:3 in order to see it.

Just download the prx file and place it in this folder location:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector10\Language\Enu\Profiles

Then reopen PowerDirector and open your project and do what you normally do to upload to YouTube but select the new profile .

Its been awhile since I have made some custom profiles, so if I get something wrong, my apologies. But we can figure out whats wrong and someone can correct me if I have shown the wrong steps to help you.
 Filename
YouTube_4_3 High Quality 640x480 6000K.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
299 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2013 10:21

boots471
[Post New]
Thanks Cap I give this a try :
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Cap I give this a try :

Private message sent to you.

By the way....

Toronto!!! What a beautiful city to live in!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2013 11:26

boots471
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Thanks Cap I give this a try :

Private message sent to you.

By the way....

Toronto!!! What a beautiful city to live in!!!

Actually I am 30 minutes or so NORTH of Toronto some hick-town : but we like it here.
boots471
[Post New]
I added the prx file then noticed this is only for uploading through PD.?
I always first render to my HDD then upload by loging in to YT

So that I can see the comparison.
Looks like no manual changes can be made in the wmv rendering section?

Anyway I am still checking maybe avi since that is my camera default.

I keep you posted.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote: I added the prx file then noticed this is only for uploading through PD.?
I always first render to my HDD then upload by loging in to YT

So that I can see the comparison.
Looks like no manual changes can be made in the wmv rendering section?

Anyway I am still checking maybe avi since that is my camera default.

I keep you posted.

I had a 50/50 chance of guessing which way you uploaded to Youtube. Uploading through Power director with the YouTube uploaded will still create a separate video that you can review to compare. You can designate the location on your PC of where the video will be placed. If you don't like how the video looks you could just cancel the upload. We're you able to view this video file?

Producing with an avi with Power Director may not give you the results you want. You might try producing to a mp4 file type. This type does allow you to create a custom profile by selecting the "+" button after you select the mp4 file type. Experiment with it.

The WMV prx profiles have to be opened in a desperate editimg software. So it's not as convenient

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The WMV prx profiles have to be opened in a desperate editimg software.

Kevin - was that a typo or a Freudian slip?

boots471 -

To produce to WMV 640X480 then manually upload to YT, you could use the profiles attached. They're the same as Cap'n Kevin's but will appear under the normal WMV profiles (not YouTube).

Just drop them in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector10\Language\Enu\Profiles

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
WMV 9 640x480 6MBps -NTSC.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
309 time(s)
 Filename
WMV 9 640x480 6MBps -PAL.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
295 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Tony,

Typo resulting from auto correct. Hahaha!

Desperate. Separate. So little difference between the two.
boots471
[Post New]
First, thanks everyone for the input and suggestions. Sorry I am so late getting back to this issue.
So I done as it has been suggested. Here is the issue hopefully better explained then before?

I made a video and rendered it for my camera settings just as described here. The link is here: http://youtu.be/5ho0VLO3zPc
Clip is 8 minutes long and the file sizes are so different.
Here as you can see my Original wmv file then downloaded back from YT to my PC and same rendered in PD10
www.hvpcan.com\fileman\filesizes.jpg

So back to my question why is it PD make such large files? This is only 8 min. I like to make a 1 hour or more video that would be so huge. Somehow YT renders it to a size that is much better for large files. But how do I render it to that size?

Thanks
PS link should be working now. If not copy and paste into browser address.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 29. 2013 18:46

boots471
[Post New]
Thank you everyone, for giving me detailed information.
My concerns have been clarified.

Also a big thanks for the Private messages.

Regards
Horst