Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No disk in drive e
Rich_On_The_River [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St. Johns River, FL Joined: Jul 05, 2011 19:06 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I have the retail version of PowerDVD 11 Ultra installed in my new laptop, a custom built Clevo gaming machine. The optical drive will play all disks (CD,DVD) except blu ray movies. When I install a blu ray I got the message "No disc(sp) in drive e". The optical drive is a Toshiba Samsung (TSST) and is a blu ray reader/writer which I believe is called BD-RE.

Specs on the software;
Version 11.0.3901.57
SR DVD130301-3
TR TR130311-028

I believe the Dxdiag should give all my system information.

I have searched for this problem but found nothing with any solutions.

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
347 time(s)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
suggest to get in touch with our technical support about your issue.

thx
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Newbie Location: St. Johns River, FL Joined: Jul 05, 2011 19:06 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Did the Tech Support thing and downloaded the program from a link they sent me. Same result-No disk in drive E message.

Just on a whim I downloaded the trial version of PowerDVD 13 Ultra. Same thing-No disk in drive E message.

Laptop vendor is sending me a new optical drive. Hope that's the problem since no one else seems to have any solutions/suggestions.
jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like you're in a tough spot here Rich. Any news if you have found a way on this yet?
[Post New]
Well, having been working on this for a few days I think it's a driver problem with my optical drive. If I uninstall the drive in device manager then restart the computer I can play a blu ray. If I stop and come back in 15 minutes, I get the same No disk in drive E message. Repeating the uninstall/reinstall process I again can play a blu ray. But it is stll only temporary. I have done this several times with the same result. Been checking with Samsung and found an upgrade to my firmware for my model but the firmware is for a SB oem code. My code is TM and looking at their chart there is no TM oem code. Been on hold with Samsung now for about 30 minutes. Hope my phone battery lasts.

Thanks for the response. I've also got feelers out on Tom's Hardware and Maximum PC but I seemed to have stumped everybody.

And for what it's worth I installed a different brand drive and got the same No disk in drive E message. I didn't bother to do the uninstall/reinstall routine because it was a Panasonic/Matsushita drive manufactured in 2011 and finding firmware for it was impossible. Besides-Don't care much for Panasonic or Matsushita.

Thanks again for at least looking.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2013 15:37

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

we checked this issue again and there seems to be an issue with Haswell and PowerDVD 11 when try to playback BD on certain systems.

Our RD is looking into it and we will provide patch once the root cause has been identified and solved here. (no schedule avail.)

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
While they're looking they may want to check PowerDVD 13 also. I downloaded the trial version of it and got the same results.

Thanks

P.S. Could you define "certain systems"?
[Post New]
This is definitely a CyberLink problem. I downloaded the trial version of TotalMedia Theater 6 and then tried to play a movie with PowerDVD 13. Got the No disk in drive E message. Clicked on the TMT 6 icon and the movie played as it was designed. Tried it two more times with the same results. PowerDVD would not recognize the movie in the drive and TMT 6 played it. Hope the CyberLink RD crew has their s--t together and can get a patch for us running the new Haswell processor in a reasonable time frame. Trust me, there are a lot of Haswell people out there.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Rich