Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Serious PD V11 BUG with using slow motion and special effects - Crash!
Wildview [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2007 14:49 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
With the latest V11 Power Director update installed 11.0.0.3026. I have serious bug when using slow motion and special effects within my video build. When producing or even just watching the video in the timeline power director just crashes after it has run through a slow motion effect. It’s amazing how this software has so many features, but when you utilize them you end up with a system crash! I have the video hardware disabled too. I have tried everything possible other then just removing the slow motion effects to correct the problem. Has anyone else had this problem when using a lot of slow motion effects on the timeline?

Thanks.

Here is the Crash Report

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<CrashInformation VERSION="2.5"><ID Value="592A099F-D536-4B11-A4F7-4A01E783136E"/><UUID Value="S-1-5-21-1550197875-1933273817-4293044757-1000"/><SR Value="VDE130529-01"/><ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/><AppName Value="PDR11.exe"/><AppVersion Value="11.0.0.3026"/><VersionName Value="11.0"/><VersionType Value="Ultimate"/><Is64BitOS Value="1"/><OSName Value="Windows 7 Professional Build 7601 Service Pack 1"/><GDICount Value="1625"/><VMSize Value="1238 MB"/><VGAName Value="Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD" DriverVersion="8.15.10.2082"/><ModName Value="ntdll.dll"/><ModVersion Value="6.1.7601.17725"/><ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/><Offset Value="0x00000000000532D0"/><SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/><SessionTime Value="59"/><MTBF Value="59"/><AbnormalTermCount Value="0"/></CrashInformation>

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 13. 2013 12:57

Wildview [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, I have identified the Bug. It's in the continuous shooting effect. I have removed all continuous shooting effects and now it appears to build without the crash. Is there away to have someone resolve this bug so I can use this effect?

Just so you know, the PD crash occurred at each clip that had the continuous shooting effect attached. There's clearly a bug in the software using this effect. Hopefully it can be resolved.

Tnx.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, I have identified the Bug. It's in the continuous shooting effect. I have removed all continuous shooting effects and now it appears to build without the crash. Is there away to have someone resolve this bug so I can use this effect?

Using the same build on a Win 8 (64-bit) box I was unable to duplicate that behavior here...

Reduced the speed of a clip by 25% and applied the continuous shooting effect for the same duration.
Ran the movie. Produced a WMV and ran it in PD11. No crashes.

So it appears that this may not be a bug, but instead system specific.
Supplying more info per the second "sticky" at the top of this forum may help helpers help you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 13. 2013 13:50

Wildview [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply. Try putting a cross fade transition between the clips right before it goes into the clip with the continuous shooting effect attached. If I remove the cross fade between the clips the continuous shooting effect appears to work with no crash, but with it, the crash occurs. Let me know if you have the same effect.

Tnx.
Wildview [Avatar]
[Post New]
BTW, make sure you use the menu feature to apply the cross transitions to all videos. This will cause the crash every time when it hits the clip with the continuous shooting effect. If you put the fade transition manually between the clips it appears to work as well. I think there is a bug here, but you have do things in the right order to bring it out.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Try putting a cross fade transition between the clips right before it goes into the clip with the continuous shooting effect attached...BTW, make sure you use the menu feature to apply the cross transitions to all videos.
Tnx.

Three identical fifteen-second clips were dropped onto the timeline. 25% reduced speed and the continuous shooting effect were applied to the middle clip, making its length twenty-seconds. Then crossfades were added at all transitions.

For a second test, using the same clips, the length of one and three was reduced to five seconds, and the slowed middle clip to ten seconds. The continuous effect was repositioned under clip two.

No crashes.
Wildview [Avatar]
[Post New]
We'll it probably has something to do with my timeline then since I have over 40 clips. Cyberlink has never really been that reliable in the past with big projects. I just took out the cross fades between the clips that have the continuous shooting effect and it builds now. What a waste of time though to make it work. But what can any one expect running anything in Windows =)

Tnx again for your attempt to try and reproduce. You almost need the exact project I have and the clips though to see the PD problem.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Wildview,

Just read your post and the continuous shooting effect gave me some trouble too. It doesn't have a problem when I try to use the same effect in PowerDirector 10, but it is a problem with PowerDirector 11.

I am an ATI(AMD) graphic card user and it seems to affect those users I think..

Anyways, here is a link to an older topic that was posted by someone commenting on this "continuous shooting" effect.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24950.page

Just thought I would add some pertinent information.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
The new update for PD11 has corrected the continuous shooting effect when open CL is selected. Now works on my system.
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.