Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Mobile for Windows RT -Surface RT
Frank J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2013 09:09 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Recently I found, bought and install PowerDVD Mobile for Windows RT in my Surface RT. So far this is the only multimedia player that detects and fully uses my IOmega NAS UPNP multimedia server.

I use handbrake to create backup copies of the DVDs that I own converting them to MKV keeping the sound tracks and subtitles and CC of the original DVD. Using VLC and other players, including the WD Multimedia Players connected to my TVs, I can play these mkv selecting the included in the mkv subtitle files. But I can't do that using PowerDVD.

is this a feature that will be included in the future?

is there any settings that I'm missing?

every time that i start playing one of those mkv I get a message from PowerDVD asking to select the location of the Subtitle file ignoring that this file is already incluede in the MKV file.

Here is a sample of one of my files

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=AD01878284F63079&resid=AD01878284F63079%211131&authkey=APKEjCBSD8pXI0I
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
in current stage PDVD Mobile supports external subtitles (like SRT).

I have forwarded your feedback to our team.

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Frank J [Avatar]
[Post New]
One more problem that I found, when playing from the network it plays few minutes and then it stops with 'Network error'.

May be it's because it run out of buffer? May be skipping some frames will help to recover in these cases? ....

Any log file that could be sent?
Frank J [Avatar]
[Post New]
More details, the network error message only happens when playing mkv files from my multimedia server. Any other file type plays ok. With Mkv I see the network traffic reach picks of 36mbps while with mp4 I do not see any peaks higher than few mbps.

The CPU stays less than 15%.
jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Frank, any updates on this for you yet?
Frank J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Frank, any updates on this for you yet?

Nothing
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I tried to reproduce your issue
"More details, the network error message only happens when playing mkv files from my multimedia server. Any other file type plays ok. With Mkv I see the network traffic reach picks of 36mbps while with mp4 I do not see any peaks higher than few mbps. "

I guess you use "full resolution and BD bitrate" MKVs (1:1 rip from BD) in this case?

if you use lower bitrate MKVs - does the issue still happen?
from my side it looks if the RT is just not able to handle that many data

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Frank J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
I tried to reproduce your issue
"More details, the network error message only happens when playing mkv files from my multimedia server. Any other file type plays ok. With Mkv I see the network traffic reach picks of 36mbps while with mp4 I do not see any peaks higher than few mbps. "

I guess you use "full resolution and BD bitrate" MKVs (1:1 rip from BD) in this case?

if you use lower bitrate MKVs - does the issue still happen?
from my side it looks if the RT is just not able to handle that many data

Michael

Same resolution, 2200 kbps bitrate. How do you explain that it does not happen with mp4 with same characteristics?

I attached the link to a movie sample few posts up in this thread.
Frank J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh, and same resolution as a normal DVD. No BD.
Frank J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, here is what I found today. If I open the mkv file from PowerDVD using the network option and clicking in my multimedia server after few minutes of playback I get the Network error. But if I go, map a drive pointing to the right folder in my multimedia server, locate the mkv file and use the open with option I do not get any error.
Frank J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Lisa, I value a lot my time to lose it in conversions.
fuzzylogic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2014 09:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
in current stage PDVD Mobile supports external subtitles (like SRT).

I have forwarded your feedback to our team.

greetings
Michael

Hi,

When is the feature to finally play the built-in subtitles in MKV file coming? I have waited for over a year for this feature.

I noticed that there was a recent update in March for a name change and some minor UI tweaks ... we need real development on this product!

Thanks
Frank J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Agree. It's one of the best products on windows store for rt but it's stuck without a real progress.