Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how do i change volume of the clip
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
using the handles does not work at all. it jumps from 0 to 10, 14, that is it. is there a way to edit the actual volume of the clip? another question, is there a compression for audio somewhere within the program? and if there is, is there a way to turn it off?
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Using the handles does not work at all. it jumps from 0 to 10, 14.

If "handles" means keyframes, volume range is from 0 to 100%. Dragging the blue line creates keyframes.
Pause the pointer on a KF and the KF dot should turn red. Right-click it and options will be shown.
There's also the EDIT AUDIO button, where the Wave Editor can be employed.

Is there a compression for audio somewhere within the program and if there is, is there a way to turn it off?

Wave Editor has a dynamic range option, OFF by default. Other than that I'm not aware of compression in PD.
[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename
1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
164 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 26. 2013 14:23

cuartetto [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 28, 2011 20:22 Messages: 168 Offline
[Post New]
I had trouble trying to adjust the handles accurately, then I found out that if you widen the audio track, by dragging the bottom down, the track is much wider and the handles are easy to adjust. Move your mouse to the header area just to the left of the timeline, move to the bottom of the area, your mouse will turn into a double headed arrow, click and drag down.

There is a built in "automatic level control" in PD. I inquired about it in the past and was told that there was no way to disable it. If you put a tone of various levels onto the time line, you can see the effects of the ALC.

Here's an address to download free level meters. I use these all the time. Just remember, they work off your sound card, so you have to calibrate them to whatever level you have set for your speaker volume.

http://minorshill.co.uk/pc2/meters.html#digital

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 26. 2013 16:29