Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trim and Delete for small chunks/clips
[Post New]
Hello:
I am not a pro, and do not often use a video editor.
When editing, mostly only I trim a video.
I have been using Pinnacle Studio version 12 and previously version 10.
Recently, I have purchased Power Director 11 recently.

Question:
Is there a way to split a video into 5-10 seconds chunks, and then
trimming the chunks one by one?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22. 2013 21:56

RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Try this:

Drag or Import your video clip into the Power Director Media Content Library- (top left window)
Then drag that video clip to the timeline Video track #1

Click on the video clip- you will see a "Split" button in the top left of the timeline.
Move your red line slider which is the Timeline scrubber, to the 5-10 second mark and click on the Split button.
Keep moving your scrubber to 5-10 second intervals and Split.

Now click and hold on the top of the timeline just above the video clips and move the timeline to the right.
This will expand the video track and make the 5-10 second clips larger so you can edit them.

Now click a video clip.
Important: Use the scrubber to highlight the clip and make sure to move the little yellow arrows on either side of the red line to mark where you want to edit. Once you do that then more options such as "Copy," "Cut" "Remove" etc. will show up.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be