Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
audio CD track names
tom2692 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2013 10:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
After burning audio cd, the file names on the CD become' Track n'. How do I keep title as the name on CD?
jacksonace [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 24, 2013 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot fully remember this but I think this is covered on the user guide. Looking for renaming tracks.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Did you rip an existing commercial CD, or did you get the tracks as files from somewhere?

If you ripped a commercial CD, then Power2Go should have gotten the information automatically. If it didn't, or if it is incorrect, you can edit the text for each track as you rip it. (I've had some CDs come across with Japanese text.)

If you are burning a CD with audio files that you had on your computer, then jacksonace is correct: you have to edit the CD text as you prepare the list of files for burning. Set up your list of files, then right-click on a track to edit its text.

It is also possible to edit the text directly in the audio files, if the format supports tags such as artist and title. You can do this in Windows itself, but it is tedious. I've had to do it sometimes when I've copied stuff from vinyl to my MP3 player. Jerry Schwartz
Just Checking [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2014 14:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Did you rip an existing commercial CD, or did you get the tracks as files from somewhere?

If you ripped a commercial CD, then Power2Go should have gotten the information automatically. If it didn't, or if it is incorrect, you can edit the text for each track as you rip it. (I've had some CDs come across with Japanese text.)

If you are burning a CD with audio files that you had on your computer, then jacksonace is correct: you have to edit the CD text as you prepare the list of files for burning. Set up your list of files, then right-click on a track to edit its text.

It is also possible to edit the text directly in the audio files, if the format supports tags such as artist and title. You can do this in Windows itself, but it is tedious. I've had to do it sometimes when I've copied stuff from vinyl to my MP3 player.

I have one laptop in particular on which Power2Go 8 will not search out the CD track, artist, or album information. It is a HP Elitebook 8440p running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Spybot S&D 2 running but I also completely removed these and did a fresh install of Power2Go 8 and it did the same thing.

This same PC did the same thing when I had Power2Go 7 on it. I was hoping that I could fix the problem by upgrading to this later version. I have read the Users Manual completely and have checked to see that the box was checked to automatically seek out the CD information. That box was already checked.

I thought that I might need a file stripper so I installed iTunes but that also did nothing.

This has been frustrating. I have completely uninstalled Power2Go 8, Security Essentials, Spybot S&D, iTunes, & Firefox several times. I still cannot get Power2Go to seek out the information. I have used many different CD's which work perfectly fine on other PC's with Power2Go 8.

Any other suggestions beside reformatting the SSD and doing a complete fresh install of the OS and every other program?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sure you've already checked this, but make sure your laptop has an active Internet connection while you're working. Jerry Schwartz
Just Checking [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2014 14:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm sure you've already checked this, but make sure your laptop has an active Internet connection while you're working.

Yes, I have a gigabit wired ethernet connection back to the modem and a 40Mbps Download/20Mbps Upload Internet connection. That also isn't the problem since I have other workstations that I have ripped CD's on and got Power2Go 8 to find the information just fine.

That is why it is so frustrating!
72pwt08 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2014 16:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Down loaded power2go 9 today.
Problem, using the same computer: on my site the program works well...gives artist/album names & all song names
On my wife's site (same computer) it shows unknown artist/album & songs are listed by track...
Any ideas of the problem?
jerrys
[Post New]
The only thing that occurs to me is that you and your wife have different permissions to some directory that Power2Go uses. Jerry Schwartz
72pwt08 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2014 16:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Actually after posting this & since my wife has had some other problems with Windows Media Player & other music sites, my B-I-L suggested just deleting her current site & then starting a new site for her, so I did that & power2go appears to be working fine on her new site.
Thanks for the reply.
Daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2015 01:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, with PowerDVD10, I got cd tracks, titles, etc... but with Powerdvd14, nothing... What's the problem for Cyberlink? Forget or bad programmers?
Regards...
Dan