Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Music and bold titles not working
CoffeeCup [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2011 13:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have a 15 minute video and wanted to add magic music. (I have upgraded since PD 8 so I have about 30 tracks that I have used for projects in the past.) None of my tracks in bold are useable and they only show one option per track, where as before they showed several per track. I uninstalled everything, then started back at PD 8 and reinstalled everything until I got back to PD 11 but still no luck. I got the latest SmartSound update and installed but still nothing. If I click on one of the songs in bold, I get a message that says "downloading preview for_____" I am not sure what else to do to be able to use them again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CoffeeCup -

You're now using PD11 - yes? And the tracks listed in bold don't have as many variants as previously?

First step - open SmartSound (Magic Music) = click on SmartSound then Rebuild SmartSound Database.

Second - go to C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files and see how many sound files are installed.

If SS is trying to download previews, it can't find your installed music.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CoffeeCup [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am using PD11 and the tracks listed in bold do not have as many variants. I chose the rebuild smartsound database option then I opened the smartsound software sound files and nothing was in there. I have them backed up so I added them and then chose rebuild again, but no change. I then tried the latest smartsound update again but still nothing. I am going to try another reinstall from PD8 on up but not allow the smartsound delete when I get to version 10 and 11 and see what happens.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried the Smartsound update?

http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates?product=cyberlink

Install the "Download Full SmartSound Quicktracks 5.1.8 installer and Common Data Installer (204mb)".

That one is the engine and the sound files.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

CoffeeCup [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I tried the smartsound update as well. It is a mystery to me, but I will get it figured out. Thanks for your reply.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Did you install the 200+MB file Carl suggested? That contains sound files.
CoffeeCup [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, it was the 200+ mb file. I haven't had the time to uninstall and reinstall everything yet, but I'll post my results after I do.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes Smartsound behaves as if PowerDirector was an annoying...STRIKE that.
Sometimes PowerDirector behaves as if Smartsound was an annoying friend.
All of the suggestions here are from trustworthy experienced members, but if all else fails, Smartsound has an excellent customer service reputation, and you can actually call or email them and they will respond. Even if you solve your issue, put Smartsound in your favs and give 'em a browse. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CoffeeCup [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's fixed.... although I am not sure which step helped. Pardon me if I use incorrect terminology =)

1. I went to Windows control panel and uninstalled all things Cyberlink.
2. Restarted my pc.
3. Because I uninstalled everything, I could not install PD11.
4. Started installation from my PD8 saved downloads, entered PD key, opened up PD8 and did a trial of smartsound but nothing showed up. I clicked on the smartsound button located within the magic music UI, and chose to rebuild the smartsound database.
5. The smartsound library appeared. I closed PD8. and restarted my PC.
6. After reboot, I installed PD9 but chose (during the installation) to NOT uninstall smartsound.
7. I then installed the current smartsound download (5.1.8 - the big file, I think it is 200mb) from their site. (I have no particular reason why I did this here other than I was desperate!)
8. After installation I opened PD9 and entered the PD9 key, checked smartsound and all was there.
9. Restarted PC, and repeated this process with PD10, then PD 11 and smartsound is fixed!

This was my second attempt at uninstall and reinstall. The only things I did different between 1st and 2nd attempt was
A. entering the key after each install and checking to confirm smartsound was indeed there.
B. Reboot after each install
C. Install of current smartsound download from their site after PD9 install. (Again, I have no particular reason why I did this here!)

Mystery Solved!
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi CoffeeCup -

Phew! After all that you'll need to have a lay down & listen to some nice music!

Glad you got it resolved.

Cheers - Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It's fixed.... although I am not sure which step helped. Pardon me if I use incorrect terminology =)

1. I went to Windows control panel and uninstalled all things Cyberlink.
2. Restarted my pc.
3. Because I uninstalled everything, I could not install PD11.
4. Started installation from my PD8 saved downloads, entered PD key, opened up PD8 and did a trial of smartsound but nothing showed up. I clicked on the smartsound button located within the magic music UI, and chose to rebuild the smartsound database.
5. The smartsound library appeared. I closed PD8. and restarted my PC.
6. After reboot, I installed PD9 but chose (during the installation) to NOT uninstall smartsound.
7. I then installed the current smartsound download (5.1.8 - the big file, I think it is 200mb) from their site. (I have no particular reason why I did this here other than I was desperate!)
8. After installation I opened PD9 and entered the PD9 key, checked smartsound and all was there.
9. Restarted PC, and repeated this process with PD10, then PD 11 and smartsound is fixed!

This was my second attempt at uninstall and reinstall. The only things I did different between 1st and 2nd attempt was
A. entering the key after each install and checking to confirm smartsound was indeed there.
B. Reboot after each install
C. Install of current smartsound download from their site after PD9 install. (Again, I have no particular reason why I did this here!)

Mystery Solved!

Hi,
Even after uninstalling everything there should not have been any need to reinstall every other part of a previous PDR version. The PDR11 installation (upgrade build) should trigger an option for you to enter the serial number of the previous PDR, once entered the PDR11 install should continue. Certainly an intriging issue with SmartSound installation.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 17. 2013 03:31