Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I pause the video while the narration continnues?
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
I want a similar thing to what they have a lot in good fellas movie, where the video pauses, and narration continues. IOW video clip pauses in the middle like in a freeze, while the audio keeps going
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rytis -

Easy to do, though if the narration is directly linked (e.g. someone is talking in shot) it will create a sync problem:

1. Unlink the audio from the video (right click)
2. Position scrubber at desired freeze point
3. Split the video only
4. Take snapshot & insert at split point
5. Adjust duration

or just position scrubber - right click on clip > Edit Video > Freeze Frame

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Freeze Frame.png]
 Filename
Freeze Frame.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
958 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2013 17:45

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
In this sort of situation I'd assume you want to replace that part of the video where there is audio with the same audio but a still image.

Possibly, you could split the video before and after the audio segment you want to keep, take the snapshot then unlink the audio and video in that split segment, delete the video part leaving a gap and replace it with the snapshot set to fill that gap. That way you'd have continuity with the audio.

You could also just place the snapshot on another track for the duration you want. That leaves other possibilities open.

Or do you want to repeat the audio over both the "freeze" and "resumed" video?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2013 22:23

PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
I got it thanks.