Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frame Interpolation now also for BluRays?
Tobster77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2011 18:34 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm just considering to upgrade from PDVD 11, only to get frame interpolation for BluRay discs. My HD flatscreen does not provide frame interpolation, and I'm really unsatiesfied with pure 24p material and juddering scenes. A bit more of "soap opera" effect would be very welcome.

I just downloaded the trial and switched on the TrueTheatre Motion Feature. Sadly, I didn't see any effect (testing at all screen rates of 24, 50 and 60 Hz and avoiding PDVD's automatic frame rate switching). My PC is an Athlon 4850, 2GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 6450 graphics card.

Therefore, could please someone confirm if this should work? Or are we still limited to frame interpolation for DVDs?

Are there special hardware specs to use this function for BluRays (if it is existing)?

Thanks for clarifying this!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 12. 2013 16:56

jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I got nothing on top of my head for this but have you checked with the support team yet? This looks like still unanswered.
Tobster77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I got a support message. It plainly says it is possible.

Nevertheless, during first tests with the demo version I can see no frame interpolation working.
In fact, the system asks me to switch to 24Hz which I refused. Keeping the display frame rate at 50Hz or 60Hz I would expect a smoother playing, but the BluRays I tested look as always. No difference to 24Hz.

Can someone report the feature working for BluRays?

Thanks,
Tobias

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
our QA and RD Team is checking this issue
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Tobster77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Michael,

I need to come back to this - are there any news from your side? I'm just updating my system and I should decide for my new playback software... The interpolation feature is of large interest for me.

Thanks again
Tobias
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Tobias,
TT-Motion is not available for BD playback.
It is confirmed UI issue that you can enable the feature while playback BD

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan