Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there any way to crop the width of the video more than the height?
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
I'm doing it in the power tools section, there isn't such an option, maybe there's another way to do it? since the video clip of the speaker is just the portion of the screen, I would like to make it slimmer and taller the shape of the person, while on the right side could be texts or other stuff. been researching in other posts, but didn't find anything
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
As explained here... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27766.page#157166

If you overlay the images/text/video with your talking head video & mask it, you'll get what you're after. The image attached shows how.

Sorry about the attachment Barry.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Mask xAR.png]
 Filename
Mask xAR.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
525 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
85 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
No problemo. Glad to be of service. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: I'm doing it in the power tools section, there isn't such an option, maybe there's another way to do it? since the video clip of the speaker is just the portion of the screen, I would like to make it slimmer and taller the shape of the person, while on the right side could be texts or other stuff. been researching in other posts, but didn't find anything

I do not know if I understand right.
If so squeezing the image without cutting I disable the Maintain aspect ratio box, see picture.

[Thumb - squeeze.jpg]
 Filename
squeeze.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
194 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
84 time(s)
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: As explained here... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27766.page#157166

If you overlay the images/text/video with your talking head video & mask it, you'll get what you're after. The image attached shows how.

Sorry about the attachment Barry.

Cheers - Tony
Thanks a lot! got it!