Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to crop the video, like the sides, top etc?
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
I have this carpet for background, but it's not in the whole screen, I would like to crop sides instead of having to use focus to cover out the edges. is it possible?
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have this carpet for background, but it's not in the whole screen, I would like to crop sides instead of having to use focus to cover out the edges. Is it possible?

Don't see why not. If this is a still image, drop it on to the timeline and select it. Then click the CROP IMAGE button.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Another method, rather than crop the image, you can resize it, as well as video, by dragging the corners/edges/sides till it fits to suit your needs. Cropping may well reduce the quality of the image also.
Maybe try a 3rd, way, right-click the image in the timeline and alter the aspect ratio. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: I have this carpet for background, but it's not in the whole screen, I would like to crop sides instead of having to use focus to cover out the edges. is it possible?

When I use an image for background not full screen, the first option is to zoom the image.
Select the image in the timeline, preview appear in the balls at the edges, I click on the ball and stretch the image up to fill the screen.
In some cases I open Pip Designer I have more options, like clear the aspect ratio. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate