Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I edit effect for a group of clips?
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
I added focus effect into video, then chopped up my video into clips by splitting, and now I want to change the focus angle, do I really have to do it in each individual clip? I hope there's an easier way?
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I added focus effect into video, then chopped up my video into clips by splitting, and now I want to change the focus angle, do I really have to do it in each individual clip? I hope there's an easier way?

It's not entirely clear what you mean by the focus effect's "angle" ...

But if you want to leave the effect untouched while chopping up the video, add the effect to the effect track - not to the video track.
As such, the video can be selected and split without affecting the effect. And the effect can be changed globally for all video to which it is applied.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2013 18:37

rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: add the effect to the effect track - not to the video track.
As such, the video can be selected an split without affecting the effect. And the effect can be changed globally for all video to which it is applied.
thanks. is there a way to eliminate effect from all the clips without going into each clip? from now on I will just do it like you suggested
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
You'd think Group or multiple select would wotk it kills the ability to do most anything with multiple clips.
Big design flaw I think
Personally, when I group or select multiple clips I do so because I want to actually do something with them. /endofrant

You will need to remove the effect from all clips. Never tried removal of an effect on multiple clips by selecting them all first or grouping but I'd say it's the same as above.

PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.