Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is this Normal?!?!?!
kucher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2008 12:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Bought an Asus BC-1205PT drive ....installed fine.The drive comes with Cyberlink BD Soultion software including PowerDVD 7.
It plays blu-rays great but it does have limitations on the size that you can expand the screen.I'm also using it on a 22 inch Asus widescreen LCD VW222U monitor.Whenever I play Blu-rays......if I increase the size of the player on the screen I can only go so far until the screen tears on the bottom(straight lines).The drive itself is using firmware 1.3 so if the tearing problem is not the drive's fault and not a software issue my question is to someone that can guide me to my final conclusion theory which is.....Is this normal??? or......can I get rid of the tearing problem enabling full screen usage on the monitor by simply needing a new firmware download?
The software is patched to the latest PowerDVD upgrade making it ver 7.3

BD Solution does have an ASUS firmware update on it but when I try it...it gives me this message...."Please update when you are on the net,and press CANCEL to exit."
(Yes I am on the net...grrr.)

Help!!!
Henrik [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2008 13:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Just a thought (maybe you already have done this):
1. Install Monitor driver, ie. make sure Windows knows your Monitor and is not using "default"
2. Install latest driver for your graphics card
3. Select resolution 1920x1080 when playing Blu-rays (some graphic drivers allow you to add custom resolution if 1920x1080 is not already listed as an option)
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2008 20:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Also make sure your graphics card will support high resolutions like 1920x1080.