Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recommended output profile for Drift HD camera
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
As suggested, starting a new topic for this.

Does anyone have a recommended output profile for Drift HD cameras. I mainly use 720p and a short sample is attached as shot from camera with no edits.
The file extension is .mov and Mediainfo picks it as:
Format : QuickTime
Format/Info : Original Apple specifications

but the specified format is H.264 (http://driftinnovation.com/camera/drift-hd/). This should have given me a clue.

What I'm looking for is to retain the quality when doing quick edits (cut, trim, merge etc) prior to a fuller production.

I set up a profile and called it "Drift" and it worked on some movies but doesn't offer any saving through SVRT. SVRT recommends it but with no saving. SVRT gives no other recommendations.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
 Filename
FILE0001.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5762 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
343 time(s)
PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: As suggested, starting a new topic for this.

Does anyone have a recommended output profile for Drift HD cameras. I mainly use 720p and a short sample is attached as shot from camera with no edits.

but the specified format is H.264 (http://driftinnovation.com/camera/drift-hd/). This should have given me a clue.

What I'm looking for is to retain the quality when doing quick edits (cut, trim, merge etc) prior to a fuller production.

I set up a profile and called it "Drift" and it worked on some movies but doesn't offer any saving through SVRT. SVRT recommends it but with no saving. SVRT gives no other recommendations.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi wjr002,
I've had a go with your 1280x720 sample and with a full HD sample I have of 1920 x1080, neither triggered SVRT. I believe the issue is the audio rather than the video. I have attempted to tweak the settings to a mono profile. No joy so far.

Dafydd
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: As suggested, starting a new topic for this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi wjr002,
I've had a go with your 1280x720 sample and with a full HD sample I have of 1920 x1080, neither triggered SVRT. I believe the issue is the audio rather than the video. I have attempted to tweak the settings to a mono profile. No joy so far.

Dafydd

Thanks Dafydd! PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.