Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2Go 8 Platinum - BR video?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased Power2Go 8 Platinum & was staggered to find that I am unable to use Power2Go to burn a BR video disc.

Searching the forum led me to a number of threads where the advice is that Power2Go cannot burn Bluray video discs (only data). Huh? That's a staggering shortfall for a program devoted to disc creation!

I won't be seeking a refund, because Power2Go has some excellent features. BUT the lack of ability to create BR video discs is seriously primitive.

Perhaps I'm missing something and someone can put me right on this.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2013 02:58

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Burn All Media to Any Disc*
"Burn data, rip music, copy discs, create photo and video discs on Blu-ray, BDXL, DVDs and CDs."

However...
On the comparison graphic, CL separates the DATA specs and the VIDEO specs, and under the VIDEO specs, BlueRay is conspicuous in it's absence.

IN V7, Slideshows on a BR disc is supported, I cannot determine if that is true for V8.

OPINION: A decision with absolutely no thought at all to the end-user. Tony, can you burn the BR in a folder (from any NLE), then burn that folder in P2Go?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 08. 2013 18:52

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry -

How would you like your "No" - fast or slow?

In fact - that was the very first thing I tried to do (I was doing some comparison tests & screen shots with a few commonly used disc burning programs).

So - Power2Go7 can burn BR video discs? Hmm - that's interesting and astounding!

BR data discs are no problem at all... except that Power2Go still thinks the disc is in the drive, even though it's been posted interstate!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Wellll,
I'm just reading the CL descriptions, and though I can burn BR, and have BR discs, and PD & P2Go7, I've never actually done it, so...so...very...embarrassing. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
As best I can tell, P2G 9 can't burn a Blu-ray video disk, either. Jerry Schwartz
ShadowsOfKnight [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2013 18:29 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I found this thread very interesting...and disappointing. I'm using PD11 and was hoping from the PD11 Create Disc menu I could select the folder option, and then use Power2Go to produce as many discs as I wanted, without having to sit through the 4-5 hour authoring step again.

So am I understanding from this thread, that is not possible with Power2Go 8? I see in the folder that was created by PD11, two subfolders, BDMV and CERTIFICATE. I confess I don't know a lot about these formats. If Power2Go 8 won't burn a usable Blu Ray from this, any suggestions of some utility that will?
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
SoK,
did you TRY to burn the folders? I need to re-look at this, but I think the restriction is for burning BR video discs straight from P2Go content. I suspect, and only suspect, a folder structure will be accepted in P2Go. So we may be talking apples and oranges here. Tonight, I shall make my 1st BR folder in PD, and then see if P2Go7 likes it. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: SoK,
did you TRY to burn the folders? I need to re-look at this, but I think the restriction is for burning BR video discs straight from P2Go content. I suspect, and only suspect, a folder structure will be accepted in P2Go. So we may be talking apples and oranges here. Tonight, I shall make my 1st BR folder in PD, and then see if P2Go7 likes it.

Barry, I'm pretty sure that you'll wind up with a data disk. I'm not sure what the difference is, but you could try forcing Windows to open a commercially-made BR disk with Explorer and see what it looks like. I'm betting that it won't even recognize it.

When this was last brought up, a Cyberlink lurker said that it wasn't possible; but it might not have occurred to him that you could burn a folder. Jerry Schwartz
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting.

So Cyberlink doesn't have a software solution to burning a created blu-ray folder to disc to be played on a blu-ray player.

Maybe this is an instance where it is acceptable to suggest a free software like ImgBurn without getting in trouble. Does ImgBurn have that have the ability, I can't remember?

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I finally got my BR burner operational again, and burnt my 1st BR disc. I created a folder in PowerDirector, then burnt that folder in P2Go7 as a DATA BR disc. Played fine in my player. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Barry,

I learned something new.
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
jerrys
[Post New]
Quote: I finally got my BR burner operational again, and burnt my 1st BR disc. I created a folder in PowerDirector, then burnt that folder in P2Go7 as a DATA BR disc. Played fine in my player.

Very interesting. Did you include a menu? Did you play it back in a "regular" standalone player? Jerry Schwartz
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Jerry!
My folder had 2 subfolders, BDMV and CERTIFICATE.
The disc was played on a Sony standalone.
I would like to see the same thing tested for 8 and 9.
My suspicions are they will properly burn the folders to Blue Ray.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2013 19:46

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)