Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director Express 5NE - can't open any of my projects
Milan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2008 00:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I have came back to work on my project after month, but found out I can not open any of 3 projects saved before. Computer (processor) is working, but nothing is done. No message written, no error code. Just nothing appears. Than I have to reset program... Who can save me before my furious wife? Thanks for help.
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Alabama Joined: Dec 31, 2007 11:49 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sure I understand............Is there anything else you can tell me. Through Christ,
Chris
Farley [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2007 11:01 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Do you get a message about browsing for the links? Make sure all the links to your project, (movie files, pictures, music, etc.) are all save saved in the same folder.
Milan [Avatar]
[Post New]
All the projects are saved in the same folder. The way is clear. I do not know why it does not work. I tried to reinstall PD5 but did not help. I tried to make a new acoount but again it does not work in the new one. Probably I won't survive next wife's attack.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
simple test - Open PD

1. Place aquarium.mpg in the time-line
2. Go to File > Save project as >
3. Choose a location like C:\My Works
4. name the project file TEST001.pds

Close down PD

Now go and find the saved TEST001.pds and double click on it.

Does PD open and is the Aquarium.mpg placed in the time-line?

Dafydd
Milan [Avatar]
[Post New]
To SoftDeko: I tried your test, and after double clik on the file test001.pds aquarium appears down in the time-line. Seems it works.
For info:This file called test001.pds is in the same file(My works) like my projects I can not open.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
1. Open PD
2. reduce it down in size so that only the Media library displays
3. open the My Works directory
4. Reduce it down in size so you can view both the PD User Interface (UI) and the MyWorks directory with your previously saved pds'
5. Click and drag the pds to the Media Library of PD
6. On the popup click YES or OK and agree to merge the files.

What displays?

You can expand PD to full screen if successful.

If it doesn't....

I think you have a corrupt pds' and there is nothing I can do about it.

Dafydd

Milan [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried your next method but it was unsuccesfull. Processor started working the transfer but it crashed and I had to reset PD to stop it. Not a word about type of error or mistake. Just only processing. Thanks you for your help and sorry for my bad English (I'm from Czech Republik). I am only affraid of next editing. I do not see how could it happened. I remember I took back a "recovery point" a week ago so this could be problem...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
That could be the issue.

I understood you.... not a problem with your language use.

You will have to "face the music" with a brave heart ..... You'd better check you have the stored video data on your computer as well.

Dafydd