Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to control the transparency of clips in the video
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to control the transparency of added clips in the video? for example I want to be able to see original clip with some of the another clip on top showing through, so they can be both visible in the same area, like in half way during the fade in and out but stay like that?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Place clip in timeline.
Click MODIFY (while the clip/image is high-lited)
Scroll down to the bottom of that first open tab.
Near the bottom you will see OPACITY.
That slider controls the transparency.
Moving the slider while anywhere on the clip will show the result, but you'll need to click on that spot, within the MODIFY timeline, and on the topmost OPACITY, to make a key-point, and KEEP your change. You can alter the transparency by adding keypoints as many times as you need. While you're there, you'll also see the FADE OUT/IN option. I use that very often, rather than the fade transition.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2013 09:13

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much!
the clips in the particle room, with several layers, do not have that option though? but it's good enough for me.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The particle room is different.
If you need to alter a particle clip...pre-produce!
Create your particle, produce a video file from it, and then bring that produced file into your project. You can then adjust transparency/opacity.
You MIGHT need to lay a green-screen (green image) behind your pre-production (a track ABOVE your particle) and CHROMA-KEY that out later, so the background will be transparent, rather than black. If you try to CHROMA-KEY out the black it will also remove any black portions throughout the clip, poking holes in weird places. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks!