Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning To DVD Question on making a PAL version in Canada
AGagnon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2011 14:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I am a HUGE fan of PD, used different versions for a few years in fact.. but had a massive nightmare burning to DVD with PD9.. I am aware of the acknowledged issues and how Cyberlink was honest enough to say burn DVDs to file then use somethign like NERO to burn to dvd. (Which cost me 90$ to purchase by the way) I am STILL having issues as the burns are locking and either freezign screen at one section or burning without picture.. I made a movie with my son thats 2 dvds and wasted 17 disks to get one functional copy of each dvd. At least those copies now burn perfect copues with Nero.

My question though is about PAL settings.

I am on Canada so obvious dont use PAL settings. However we have alot of fans of our videos in the UK, so I want to make a pal version and send to some of them. With the massive defect in PDs burn to dvd, I need to make sure whatever copies I make work.. and with a 1 in 8 that actually works.. I need to find a way to verify the PAL works even though I am in a NTSC area. I cant afford to mail 8 different disks to UK and hope one works.

I am a VERY loyal customer on things I like.. but quite honestly my hearts been broken by PD, a program I loved to use sicne PD and PP versiosn 3 and up.. but v9 has cost me more and more money, waste of time and made me start to dislike my hobby, just because it cant burn a dvd properly. Its why I havent upgraded.. and frankly.. it I cant get thei PAL thing test sorted, will be the last straw.. nto a threat.. reality over what I have been 'overpatient' on but reached the end I fear.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
To burn a PAL DVD you change your TV mode in Preferences > General to PAL 25 fps.

Project on the timeline.

Create disk module and uncheck burn disk, check burn folder. This prevents making drink coasters.

You can then burn the actual disk with disk burning software.

There is ton of free disk burning software that does the job.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2013 14:24

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.