Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with New Blue Image Mapper
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought the 3 video essentials and I'm stuck when trying to use the Image Mapper effect. I've manually put a background video on the top track and used keyframes to place a video on a lower track appear as a live screen on the top/background video, but it's tedious and I wanted to use some of the wrapping/twisting effects that New Blue has.

The problem I have is that IM will only work on the tracks above it, yet that's where the background video needs to be. I know that I can move the effects track down to have it affect more tracks, but I can't see how this effect works if the background track is above it (and therefore changed by IM). Any videos on lower tracks are full screen and unaffected, so they completely block what the effect is doing.

Am I completely lame or is there just something I'm missing? I'm hoping that someone can help me with this Escherian dilemma!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi optodata -

Have you tried just dropping the Image Mapper effect directly onto the clip - then go to Effect/Keyframes to set your distortion? (i.e. if you want to apply the effect to the whole clip)

Works fine here, but I don't have a picture of what it is you're trying to do. Maybe a screenshot of what you're up to so far would help.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
If you just bought VE3, did you install the latest version without installing the older version 120817 first? If not, isn't it hard to decipher the names of the NB effects and their properties?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 01. 2013 22:07

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried just dropping the Image Mapper effect directly onto the clip - then go to Effect/Keyframes to set your distortion?
BINGO! That's what I was missing. I couldn't find it on the NB help file and I wouldn't have though of dragging an effect directly onto a clip - I'm used to giving everything its own track except for transitions. Thank you very much

Xerox, this was a new install for me and the only NB effects that were already installed were the ones that came with PD10 and 11. I saw some of the other posts about improper labels and such, but fortunately everything went fine with my installation. Thanks!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°