Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Second 3D monitor or anaglyph it's enough
david445 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
Just wondering what can be the most cost effective setup.

Reading about 3D monitors I found horrible review for cheap ones, about color quality, lag time, vision angle...

So I was wondering if a good monitor with anaglyph 3D can be better that a cheap passive 3D. Color change its so horrible? Don't have glasses to check from myself, I will buy it shortly.

I already have a good 3D TV so will use the monitor only for design/editing times and can review later the material on the "big" one.

Also if better for a 3D monitor, active or passive? My 3D TV it's active 3D.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 27. 2013 17:49

GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
I have my PC connected to my 47" LG 3D TV via HDMI (passive 3D). PD11 works fine with it when I select the HDMI 1.4 monitor profile.

I also use Win8 with Media Center to watch/record HDTV. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks.

My problem is the TV it's in bedroom in a place where I can't easily connect with a cable.
Also I'm concerned using for editing a so big active shutter "monitor", wont have eyes problems. My TV and glasses are perfect for video display, I think too bulky and uncomfortable for dynamic editing.

That's why I was thinking about a passive 3d second display (light glasses I can put on and out without needing to activate or also recharge it, smaller display size and just near the first one), or using my first one with anaglyphic 3D: same display, optimal performance (apart colors, but I can check it in 2D), cheap setup.

My concern its in real word if the cost of a second passive 3D display worth the cost or anaglyph can be still ok for editing, and can use my tv only for final check.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2013 05:32

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have an LG 55" 3D passive TV and I have no problems with 3D I create from PD10 and now PD11. I even bough a pair of 3D clip-ons for my regular glasses that work great. I also view my experiments on a PS3 with a 24" 3D monitor and the test productions work fine also.
Hope that helps

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2013 10:35

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
What can be a good but low priced passive 3D monitor?

Note that for various reasons I will use AMD VGA.