Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom Made Transition / Effect
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

Forum member vn800rider (Adrian) recently shared his technique of filming / creating a custom transition effect, and how to apply it using Chroma keying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYfmWRrsHVc

Check it out. Very clever.

Visit PDtoots & PDtoots QuickTips. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Another excellent demonstration from a very senior longtime PD expert. Way to go, Adrian. Other materials could also provide interesting visuals, confetti, cross-cut paper, glitter of all sorts. How might this be used to create a "forward page-turn"? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Barry,

Using Adrian's method, all you need is a good sized piece of white paper on the green board.
A long piece of white thread fastened to the top right corner of said paper.
Very carefully pull down and left while recording.
Voila - forward page turn

Hal

edited to add: probably not usable as a transition though

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2013 17:14

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Barry,
A long piece of white thread fastened to the top right corner of said paper.
Very carefully pull down and left while recording.
Hal
edited to add: probably not usable as a transition though

So, in addition to my arsenal of production skills, I guess I'll add "puppeteer". HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Barry,

You have the appendages necessary.

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ... probably not usable as a transition though

Hal/Barry -

It may be useful as a transition if the "front" side of the paper sheet was the same green as the underlying green screen/tray & the back side was white or black.

That way, once the chroma key was applied, the clip would begin & end in a transparent state.

Tricky to do that with sand!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!