Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor crash
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Wave Editor was invoked from within PD11 to work with a nine-second mp3 (layer 3) file.
When done, all FILE menu items were grayed. Yet when the X was clicked PD prompted to save.
Clicking YES crashed the program - repeatedly.

It did better with the same audio as a WAV file, but still no FILE menu items were clickable. The
program seemed to hang while saving (about 15'), but did complete and returned to the PD screen.

When Wave Editor was started independently (not from within PD) and the same file imported,
all items under the FILE menu, were enabled.

Do others see this? Is there a fix?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi borgus1 -

This won't help, but I'm unable to replicate the issue here.

I just tested 5 different MP3 files (various durations, bitrates & sampling rates) following your steps & applying different adjustments in WE... and each time the adjusted files were returned to PD with no ill effects (greying out or crashing).

MP3s have been troublesome in PD for years, and no consistent pattern of issues has ever been found. Usually, I don't go near them.

Sorry I can't help.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Sorry I can't help. Tony

Thanks for the effort Tony.

As for FILE items not being available when WE is invoked from PD, perhaps this is by design as the audio will overwrite and then return control to PD. Still, it prompts that "you didn't save." I know, it wouldn't let me. ^_^
[Post New]
Quote: Wave Editor was invoked from within PD11 to work with a nine-second mp3 (layer 3) file.
When done, all FILE menu items were grayed. Yet when the X was clicked PD prompted to save.
Clicking YES crashed the program - repeatedly.

It did better with the same audio as a WAV file, but still no FILE menu items were clickable. The
program seemed to hang while saving (about 15'), but did complete and returned to the PD screen.

When Wave Editor was started independently (not from within PD) and the same file imported,
all items under the FILE menu, were enabled.

Do others see this? Is there a fix?

I use very WaveEditor from PD, should be closed by "X" and click Yes to save the changes or even audio only save audio and correct errors.
How was opened from PD, automatically returns to PD.
For me this is normal.

Note: When you want to modify only a portion of the audio of a video, you should consider all the audio of this video needs to be extracted first which can take long for a video