Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Music
Ed1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2012 15:01 Messages: 30 Online
[Post New]
I like the ease of use of Magic Music and was wondering if there is a way to use music I have stored on my laptop that is not supplied by "Smartsound". I would like Magic Music to use my music files not just the choices it supplies - hope this is making sense LOL
Thanks Ed
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I like the ease of use of Magic Music and was wondering if there is a way to use music I have stored on my laptop that is not supplied by "Smartsound". I would like Magic Music to use my music files not just the choices it supplies - hope this is making sense LOL
Thanks Ed

Magic Music is SmartSound, you can not yourself add music to Magic Music. But you can import a Music file into the Powerdirector Media library and put it on a audio track on the timeline.

There is tons of royalty free music for purchase via Smartsound. All of it works in the Magic Music interface.
http://www.smartsound.com/

You can use any music you have, but watch out for copyright infringement. Youtube will catch any copyrighted music that publishers have provided samples for.

You can put any music you have on a audio track in Powerdirector as long as it is a supported format.
WAV, WMA or MP3. MP3 is iffy. It is recommended to convert all MP3 music to WAV for use in Powerdirector 9 and above.

If you are not going to publish your production on any public networks, then you can use any music for private use.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Youtube will not necessarily block or delete a video if it is found to have copyrighted music on it. Some of my videos from years ago, suddenly got noticed and I got notified that they had "third party content" or whatever they call it. Youtube gives you an option to either acknowledge or dispute the claim.

If you acknowledge it, your video remains but there will be added to it a small box that says "Buy this music track here" and viewers can buy the song if they want. This way, it seems, the copyright holders are getting some free advertising and potentially some sales. And the videos are allowed to stand.

~Tom~
Ed1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2012 15:01 Messages: 30 Online
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick response - kind of figured the answer would be no - but thought I'd ask anyway.
It would have been nice to let Magic Music do my duration editing for me. Guess I will have to quit being so lazy and
learn how to use WaveEditor better. I just have more fun editing images and videos than music.
I know that Smart Sound has music files avaiable to purchase but I have found other copyright free background
music that I like better and is a lot cheaper. The only advantage I can see with Smart Sound is the ease of use/editing.
Again Thank You very much for your help!!
Ed