Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Bluray audio out of sync!
jaypam27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2013 02:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

When playing Blu-rays in 3D the audio is out of sync by maybe half a second.

I had this issue on Power DVD 12 also, saw lots of forum posts relating to this issue, but no one seems to know what the issue is?

I am running my PC (core i7, 8gb ram, 2x gtx460's) running via HDMI into a Yamaha V373.

2D movies play fine, Bluray's are in ISO format, all 3D movies I have tried have the same issue.

Does anyone know what causes this and if there is a known fix for this, £80 for software that does not do what it states is pretty poor.

Thanks for your time,

Jay
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
you can adjust the audio in the settings dialogue:

"Audio, Video, Subtitles" > "More Audio Settings" > "Miscellaneous"

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
jaypam27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Micheal,

Is that a new option in 13?

I will give it a try tonight, thanks for the reply.

Are you aware of this issue from previous versions? Do you know if there was a fix issued (if it is indeed a software issue) for previous versions?

Thanks,

Jay
mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
This is a new feature in 13 for mainly 2 reasons.

1. Some blue tooth earphone would cause audio delayed for under 1 sec.

2. Some TV would perform postprocess for the video but caused delay for video presentation. I believe this is the case you are having.

jaypam27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
ah yes, the sound is in front of the video.....thanks, shall try it later.
[Post New]
Quote: This is a new feature in 13 for mainly 2 reasons.

1. Some blue tooth earphone would cause audio delayed for under 1 sec.

2. Some TV would perform postprocess for the video but caused delay for video presentation. I believe this is the case you are having.
3. To fix the audio delay when watching movies in 24p. For people without an AV receiver with an audio delay setting, this was a pain in the "sboob" before PDVD 13 (you had to use third party software which is not very reliable). My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
jaypam27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the help, seems to do the trick
bfair [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2013 00:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: you can adjust the audio in the settings dialogue:
"Audio, Video, Subtitles" > "More Audio Settings" > "Miscellaneous"

I just downloaded the demo of v13 and I can't seem to find this option. My audio settings page only has speaker environment, output mode, channel expander, and dynamic range. How do we get to this?

Solution Update: For the noobs like me, exit cinema mode and go to classic, there are more menu options there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2013 01:08