Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
removing pds files
Sam2099 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:14 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]

I seem to ask lots of questions but guess we all have to start somewhere.

Since I am a newbie I have managed to have tons of files with many of them being the same. End result is that the projects are starting to use too much space on the computer and I have pcked and saved some to an external hard drive.

I cannot, however figure out how I can delete these projects (totally) and free up space on the computer as well as not having all these fies to mess me up.

Thanks again for any help available
[Post New]
Quote:
I seem to ask lots of questions but guess we all have to start somewhere.

Since I am a newbie I have managed to have tons of files with many of them being the same. End result is that the projects are starting to use too much space on the computer and I have pcked and saved some to an external hard drive.

I cannot, however figure out how I can delete these projects (totally) and free up space on the computer as well as not having all these fies to mess me up.

Thanks again for any help available

I suppose you refer to file temporary AUTOSAVE projects, PD saves project every 10 minutes, are small files do not take up much space in HD, they are deleted automatically after 30 days.
You can change these settings in "Edit / Preferences"
You can also manually delete, I prefer to leave it projects often I need to use them to solve problems.

[Thumb - deltemp2.jpg]
 Filename
deltemp2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
252 time(s)
[Thumb - deltemp.jpg]
 Filename
deltemp.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
233 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 07. 2013 08:21

Sam2099 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:14 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]

Thnks for the advice. I will try them and hopefuly problem will be solved.