Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Project Size Prediction & Some trivial questions
Orhan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2008 02:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I just wanted to know if there's a way to know/predict size of the finished video file before actually producing it. So I can decide which media to burn (DVD5/9)...

One other thing is that, is it possible to burn the produced movie on a regular DVD as AVCHD so I can keep all the quality and be able play thru my PS3 BluRay drive. When I produce the movie I choose AVCHD codec and HQ Profile (1920x1080) the output file properties show MPG4 - AVCHD but the file extension is still MPG.

My SR7 captures @ 1440x1080 60i NTSC. When I convert them to MPEG2 for editing, everything is fine. But when I produce the finished movie, AVCHD codec HQ converts movie to 1920x1080, isn't this literally upconverting to 1080p? I wonder if there will be any compromise to video quality. (I am choosing AVC.MPEG4 / (HD) MPEG4-AVC, 1080i)

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Orhan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just one additional question. When I produce in Director, I put chapters in the video. But when I open the finished movie on Producer, it does not show any chapters. Am I missing something here?

Using AVCHD file type during the production in PD.
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just one additional question. When I produce in Director, I put chapters in the video. But when I open the finished movie on Producer, it does not show any chapters. Am I missing something here?

Using AVCHD file type during the production in PD.
The output formats within the Produce module do not support chapters or menus. To use either you must output your video using the Create Disc module and either burn to a disc and/or to DVD folders on a hard drive.
Orhan [Avatar]
[Post New]
@Rick,

Thanks a lot for your response, I apreciate your answer. But this brings me to a frustrated sitaution, with Burn Disc Feature, there's no way that I can create an AVCHD disc in Director then. And Producer does not support the full features of a movie that has been produced in PD...

So what is the clear getaway here?

PS:Is there a way to create AVCHD disc in Producer w/o the Title Menu?