Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can only write to DVD once
Sam2099 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:14 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]

Can anyone tell me what I would have to do to put more than one scene in PD11 Ultra on to a RW disc.

As soon as I try to that in burn disc I get a message that the disc is not empty and do I want to delete everything on the disc, which is the last thing I want to do.

Any help would beappreciated
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Sam:

Welcome to the PD11 forum. Burning a disk involves "finalizing" it so that it can be read by a DVD player. That requires that the disk be empty prior to burning.

It sounds to me, and I could be mistaken, that what you want to do is save your scenes as data files (mpeg2). That you can do. Just PRODUCE, not CREATE DISK, and then add that resulting produced file to your RW disk using Windows Explorer. That DVD can be read by your computer (Windows Media Player, Power DVD, etc.), but won't be readable in most DVD players.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Sam2099 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:14 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks Phil

Problem is I want to play them on DVD player so guess only thing I can do is save scenes and combine them on the time line.

When I have the ones I want I suppose I can create a disc and put them all on.

Thanks for the helpful advice

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, DVDs are finalized, so they must be erased to write again. That is a DVD thing, so PD does not provide a way around it. If you have third party burning software you could burn to a disc, then use the other software to burn to DVD-RW as a data disc without finalizing, but you DVD player may not be able to read it. The computer with a burning still can. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM