Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 12 remains running after closing
recuerdos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2013 12:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdvd 12 remains running after closing.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Powerdvd 12 remains running after closing.

Yes, there are a lot of Cyberlink process that remain open after you shut down the program or that start at boot. They are not harmful nor do they slow down your computer. There is no personal information.

For the ones that start at boot, do you know how to use mdconfig to prevent process from starting at boot? You can uncheck one at a time and see how it affects your computer. If you have problems, you can re-enable it. You can do that for each of the Cyberlink process that start at boot. Note, one you start Power DVD 12, that process may restart and not shut down after you close the program.

Unless there is something there that is a problem, my suggestion is to ignore it.

If you do have a problem, please discuss it and perhaps someone can help you. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
recuerdos [Avatar]
[Post New]
the problem is that when you next launch the program you get the following message: powerdvd is already running
so I have to end the program with task manager

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2013 15:28

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: the problem is that when you next launch the program you get the following message: powerdvd is already running
so I have to end the program with task manager

That was not what I was expecting you to say. I'll have to think about it. Does it happen all the time? Are you using any USB devices at the time? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
recuerdos [Avatar]
[Post New]
it happens always
no usb

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2013 15:38