Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
hook, line and sinker
Roman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2008 22:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
After scrolling thru the forums and reading about endless problems and very few solutions it's beginning to sink in that I've been had. I recently purchased a JVC everio, and the scam software with it, or so it seems. My 16 character cd key is useless to activate the 30 character activation of Power director. All the other posts with the same problem have been responded to by the same guy with different responses.... Who are you? You must be in bed with cyberlink. The most rational answer to the problem I read was that the software purchased with the camera is some crappy demo version trapping consumers to by the next super dooper version. If this is the case then I will be returning everything and puchasing another brand of camera and software and I will drag the latter products thru the mud.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You should contact Tech Support - have you?
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Making veiled personal attacks is NOT acceptable.

The following is what you agreed to when you joined this forum:This is a forum for CyberLink members to discuss and share their users' experience. CyberLink customer support will not reply in the forum regarding the technical issues. Topics or replies with attacking or illegal messages will be deleted by the forum management directly.

I will not tolerate derogatory, or sarcastic comments.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2008 05:27

David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Of course the software supplied with hardware is either a cut-down version or a demo version, it's standard practice. Where have you been living for the past 20 years, because if it's a place where you get full unlocked versions of software I'd like to move there.

The Everio range is pretty damn good, so if you don't like the supplied software use something else. I really don't see your problem. In case you're not aware the *.mod files that the Everio produces are just regular *.mpg files with a different extension.

I'm trying to think of a time I got a "full" version of a piece of software, the closest is a copy of Adobe photoshop elements, which is just a cut-down version of photoshop.
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2008 13:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, I too fell for Cyberlink/JVCs three card trick. I knew that the "free" software would only be a minimal functionality "cut down" version, but you kind of expect, when you spend £30 to upgrade the software associated with a reputable name like JVC that it will at least work. I've tried everything, but I guess the alarm bells should have rung when I checked the FAQs & realised that Cyberlink were already aware of issues, yet seem to see no problem in continuing to sell a product that from a customer perspective is not fit for purpose. As for customer support, Cyberlink customer support consists of an email which is no more than copy & paste from an online manual. I've now deleted the software as all it was doing was taking up disc space, and swapped the JVC for a camera of a different brand, resolving never to use JVC or Cyberlink products again-too much stress, a big disappointment.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Right David,

I have deleted your posting at another location - a duplicate. You can send me a PM of your problem and I will forward it to the head of Customer Support. Include your full name, address and email.

I did not see any previous postings by you so I guess you have issues with technical support and not here.

thanks

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2008 05:28

David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2008 13:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
First off, thanks Dafydd for poking the right people with a sharp enough stick to get something done.
The other day I got an email from Cyberlink tech support apologising for the problem (amazing how much simply saying "sorry" can help!) and offering a copy of the retail version of PD6 rather than weeks of being bombarded with endless patches that make the software a little less useless than the last patch.
It looks as though the problem is with the upgrade software rather than the full retail version, so thank you Cyberlink, firstly for recognising there was a problem, and secondly for not making getting a proper fix feel like getting blood out of a stone.

I now have PD6 up & working ))

Thanks again Dafydd, you should work in tech support
Grai [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2008 10:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I have a business and I honestly do not treat my clients the way CyberLink does.

When people spend their hard earned money on a product, they should get the help and solution they deserve.

I refuse to PAY for phone contact, especially for a product that does not work.

I have attempted to get the correct ACTIVATION KEY for over a month and they keep sending me invalid keys.

I have done all I am required to do including taking a photo of my product and even the receipt and sending it Cyberlink.

Still nothing!

I am in agreement with Roman that this all seems like some kind of ripoff scam.

I want my product up and running with the correct key or I will let others know about this product's lack of support and useless software after purchase.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Shaun,

If you can send me your contact details - as a PM. Then I will take up your issue with CyberLink.

As this is your FIRST POST on the forum I take it that you have not been best pleased with the support response you have received so far. Perhaps if you give more of your time and details I can get something sorted for you.

You commented on having to PAY for voice support. If you want additional services I think you should pay for them.

Right, I think your problem is sortable... I've sorted similar within a couple of days - so long as you provide the required information to me.

Dafydd
(Moderator)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just to clarify,

Shaun does NOT have a JVC product. He purchased a USB/RCA capture device which had PD2.0 and was given v5.0 by CyberLink as this is the product now packaged with the USB/RCA unit. When CyberLink received a requested for the registered key (lost key) it was provided. This data is available to registered users to access. No submission was received by CyberLink for a key that did not work.

I have supplied Shaun with the same activation key. I look forward to his reply.

I have asked Shaun to post any updates etc and I'm sure he will soon.

Dafydd
[Moderator]