Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pd9. How to insert a project to another project
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
as far as I remember 'one of you smart guys' explained how to insert (copy) one project into another project, inclisive the timelines.
It might have been a year+ since it was explained.
I searched the forum but can't find the topic.
Will you please tell again.
Regards, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a tutorial from the PDtoots YouTube channel showing how to combine separate pds files in PowerDirector 8 created by Cranston.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq_tL5F6Ug
It should help.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 19:21

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Kevin,
I found the video on his channel - it was exactly what I was looking for :

Sorry to say - your link don't work propperly. I get the thumbnail of the video but when clikking on it: 'The page can't be shown'
link should have been:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq_tL5F6Ug

but thats a minor thing - I found the video, thanks again.

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
You are most welcome Anja! Glad it helped!

Sorry about the link not working. I copied it from my phone which provides the mobile version as can be seen by the letter "m" in the link. Thanks for letting me know. I'll be more careful next time.

Best to you,

Kevin
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Please help again ... it dosn't work for me in pd9. I run patch 3305.

I follow the instruction:
use the range selector and highligt the project
click the copy button
minimize to tray
locate the other project and open it
click yes to merge - so far so good but
then all that's highlighted (and copied from project 1) dissapears from the timeline and only the timeline from project 2 is now in the timeline - it's only the files in the 'media room' which have been merged. ???

I've tried several times with different projects.

cheers, Anja

PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Hi Anja,

I might be wrong on this. Imagine that.

But if memory serves me right PD9 was slightly different in copying and pasting.

When you copy the first project using the range selector and then you are ready to paste it into the other project you need to put your mouse on the timeline and click it to select where you want to place the copied project files. I think you can use the "Control V" keyboard command to paste the items on the timeline.

Sorry if I am giving you incorrect information but I no longer have PD9 loaded ony PC.

Kevin
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Thanks again Kevin.

Sorry I didn't see there now was/is a paste button - this is smart - now, after merging the files, I'm able to choose where exactly I want to insert the copied part.

And it works!

cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks again Kevin.

Sorry I didn't see there now was/is a paste button - this is smart - now, after merging the files, I'm able to choose where exactly I want to insert the copied part.

And it works!

cheers, Anja

Wow! Lucky me! I got it right!

It's been awhile Anja since I worked with PD9. But it is pretty cool to be able to combine projects. Again I am glad it worked for you and you are back to editing.

Sincerely,

Kevin