Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting PD 11 on new Laptop
Ed1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2012 15:01 Messages: 30 Online
[Post New]
Hi
I tried a search for this question but did not find an answer to this specific question.
I have a new laptop ordered and it should arrive anyday day now so I want to get PD 11 Ultimate on it.
My old laptop is windows 7 with PD 10 upgraded to PD 11 Ultimate - I have the CD for PD 10 Ultra and the 2 upgrade CDs
for PD 11 Ultimate.
My questions are 1/ Should I install PD10 Ultra and then enter the 30 digit activation code and THEN install PD 11 Ultimate
and the 30 digit code on my new windows 8 laptop or??
2/ I understand CyberLink only allows PD to be used on one laptop so I am concerned the 30 digit codes will not work
for my new laptop - maybe i need to talk to Support about this but I'm hoping someone smarter than me knows the answer.
3/ Do I need to do a complete un-install on the old laptop before installing on the new laptop?
4/ I am planning on manually saving the CyberLink folder(which contains downloaded effects and my projects etc) to the
"Documents" folder on my new laptop - I don't foresee any issues with that - do you?
Thanks for your Help
Ed
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Install PD11 on the new laptop. It should ask you for the serial key from PD10, but you should not need to install the full program. Verify that everything works and all codec are activated, then remove from the old computer. I upgraded my laptop and never could get AVC to activate. Unfortunately, that is the codec I use the most. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your response but what is a codec and how do I check if they are activated???
How many codecs are there? Where are they located?
signed "confused"(with a nervous LOL)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Put a clip on the time line and go to produce for each format. Not every possible combination, but once for MPEG 2, once for MPEG 4, etc. It will give you a message that it must be activated and you should get a confirmation. After that you should be able to work with that codec without any more messages. You do not actually have to produce all of the videos, just go far enough to get the warning message. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much for your help - glad to know I will not have to produce all the formats before getting
the message and also glad that one message does all!!
Thank you very much again - you have been a great help.
I stayed up way to late last night trying to figure this out so it will be foggy day at work today LOL
Your reply supplied me with more info than I could find
Now I'm ready for my new laptop to arrive
Ed