Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to make preview window larger?
Dan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2008 18:48 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to make the preview window larger, or full screen in Power
Director 6. Its so small its hard to get a feel for how youor poece looks as youre editing and assembling it.
Thanks.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
If you mouse-over each icon under the preview window, you will see the labels for each. 3rd from the right is "preview produced movie".
Click on that, it looks like a 16:9 tv.
A drop down menu will appear.
Click on preview (top) choice.
The window that opens is much larger and can be resized.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2008 10:35

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Dan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2008 18:48 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

thanks barry.
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Does that work even if you're still in the Edit module? Also, is there any way to adjust the brigthness of the preview window? It is far darker than the source video and my finished output.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
It only works in the EDIT mode.
There are no visual adjustments other than preview quality. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Rick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cuba via Miami now Living in L.A. Joined: Mar 07, 2008 17:03 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It only works in the EDIT mode.
There are no visual adjustments other than preview quality.
Yeah, I figured both out on my own. Here's a suggestion for others on the preview quality. If you have an Nvidia display card it installs an applet that allows better control of the video card properties. It is usually accessible by right-clicking the desktop, but instead of clicking on Properties you should see a selection for Nvidia Control Panel. Inside there are myriad choices for game settings, multi-monitor settings and display quality. Within the display quality settings you can make changes to brightness, contrast, saturation, etc, far beyond what your monitor's own controls will allow. Using this I was able to match the preview window output to what I see on my camera's viewfinder LCD, which is pretty darn close to what I see in the final output on my HDTV. Well, at least as far as brightness and contrast go. I believe ATI has a similar control panel for their cards. Hope this helps someone else.