Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving legend?
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have a quick movie taking off from Portland over some volcanoes and I wanted
to actually add a moving legend on top of each volcano so the viewers know which
one is which.

Since it's in a plane, it moves (slowly) and I want the "legend" (a text and an arrow)
to move along and stay on top of the volcanoes.

How could I do this? Would that be possible?

Thanks for any help
I attach an example to give an idea. Mt Rainier, Mt Adams should move along with
the volcanoes and remain centered.
[Thumb - example.jpg]
 Filename
example.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Legend on top of volcanoes
 Filesize
154 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
88 time(s)
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
sjordi,
without going into too much detail, you need to create your names, labels, in a graphic illustration photo shoppy type program, and save them with a transparent background, as a PNG.
Bring that new image/label into PD.
Then use that image/label in the PIP designer to give it a proper size and motion path. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your answer.
I'm going to investigate this option right away. Just printing the PiP and motion path info from the User's Guide.
it's probably exactly what I need :
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa1nysr-rGk
This is a good start for PIP, do you know how to create a .PNG with a transparent background? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
sjordi
[Post New]
Hi,
yes, I've already added them to the PiP editor and they're transparent. Didn't know at which resolution to save them but did them at 150ppi and they look fine.
Thanks for the link. __________________
Steve JORDI
Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA