Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create highlight image
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have created 'button frame' and a mask but I want to create a Highlight image that corresponds how is this accomplished?
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Highlight images are selected in the Menu Designer on the "Set button properties" tab under the "Button Highlight Style."

You can import a custom icon there. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Xerox,
I know that I ant to make my own, using my own button and mask that is what I want to know the dimension, and color selection.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
The icon file can be a maximum of 96 pixels wide and 96 pixels high. The ones that come with PowerDirector are 30 x 30 pixels. You can create a document (RGB mode) with a white background in a photo or drawing program, then draw the icon with black. The file has to be saved as a PNG file. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
MATT0714 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2012 11:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to do the same thing in PD8, but having difficulties.

I have a picture of a ribbon that I have removed the background from (made it transparent) and saved as a PNG. However when I apply it to my menu, it doesn't have the image, it just highlights as a big square. I am within the size requirements.

Are you saying that it won't work because it HAS to be all black?
 Filename
Cyberlink Menu Highlight.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
219 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
294 time(s)
Xerox [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't have PD8, so I can't help you with PD8. But, the highlight image is just a one-color shape, it can't be a multi-color image. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
For all that are making their own png files for the menu system in Powerdirector.

Although there have been changes in the menu system in PD 11, the basic requirements are much the same.

For the highlight specs, scroll down to Highlight Image.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product-tutorial/enu/powerdirector/7/menudesigntips.jsp

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2013 10:11

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Although there have been changes in the menu system in PD 11, the basic requirements are much the same.

There's one thing that hasn't changed at all & that's the contents of the Highlight folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector11\MenuDesigner\Runtime\MenuMaterial\Highlight
- for PD8 it's at C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\MenuDesigner\Runtime\MenuMaterial\Highlight

In that folder there are highlight images and masks that match. That says there needs to be a matching mask for the highlight image to display properly.

I'm posting not because I know the answer, but because I'd like to understand it myself.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Highlight_Mask.png]
 Filename
Highlight_Mask.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
283 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2013 18:08

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MATT0714 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2012 11:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Okay - I'm still stuck and haven't been able to get this to work yet. I've followed the Cyberlink instructions to the letter, still no luck - I continue to get one big box for the "highlight."

I went as far as to take my image, reduce it to one color, matched that color to the other PNG stock files, right down to the RGB values. I did this for both the image file, and what appears to be the highlight image file. For example, in the program files, theres an HL05.png and a GHL05.png. I put my files in the same program file folder (where all the included stock files are located), and put it as the next sequence. I'm now guessing that to get the two files to work properly, it has something to do with the .THL file that's also in the directory. I tried opening that file to read the code, and while it opens in Notepad, it's mostly garbled and unreadable. There was however enough to indicate a pointer that associates the two files.

I'm guessing I have to create a .THL file or figure out a way to tell Cyberlink to link the two together - I can't believe I'm the only person that's tried to do this and had no luck.

If you can help - please do...beating my head against the wall is getting to be a rather dulling exercise.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Matto -

The reason you're feeling a bit alone is that you have more tenacity than others who've tried (like me). There are very few people with definitive answers because very few people try to do it and even fewer succeed.

Anyway - well done - you've got a lot further than most of us. (sorry - not much help)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am trying to do the same thing in PD8, but having difficulties.

I have a picture of a ribbon that I have removed the background from (made it transparent) and saved as a PNG. However when I apply it to my menu, it doesn't have the image, it just highlights as a big square. I am within the size requirements.

Are you saying that it won't work because it HAS to be all black?

Hi Matt0714,
Please post a new topic on the PDR9 and earlier forum.
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2013 03:18