Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture from Diamond One-Touch VC500 in Windows 8
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I was surprised when Window 8 automatically installed the driver for my Diamond One-Touch VC500 USB capture device without the need for the installation CD, but I was disappointed that PowerDirector 11 wouldn't recognize it. However, last night I was able to capture from it for the first time in Windows 8 with PD11.

The trick for me is to install a patch and start PD as the last step in the installation. After PD opens, I can go to the Capture tab and the appropriate capture icon becomes enabled (capture from TV signal). I cannot capture if I start PD any other way. If I choose not to run PD as the last step of the installation, I cannot capture when I do run PD later.

One reason I like PowerDirector for capturing from this device is that PD handles the VC500 audio correctly through the USB connection. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Xerox,
I had to look up your USB/RCA device, hadn't recognized the name etc. It looks identical to the Kworld USB device I have (as the interface unit for VCR/Camera video capture). Worked for me in previous OS' so I'm hopeful W8 will accept it. Good to know yours is ok with PDR11 capture.
Dafydd
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Dafydd.

I have a KWorld VS-USB 2800D in addition to the Diamond, but I hadn't tried it until now. I had to go through exactly the same steps as with the Diamond.

When I plugged in the KWorld, the Windows 8 operating system installed the correct driver. No installation CD needed. The device wasn't recognized in PD11 until I installed a patch and lauched PD in the last step. Now that I have exited PD, I will have to install the patch again and launch PD in the last step of installation when I want to capture from either one of those devices.

Regards,
xerox Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.