Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
About Memory
[Post New]
Hi All,

Now that my first attempt at making a video is "in the can" I'm already onto collecting clips for my next video.

I've a question about memory. I've filled my hard drive, a secondary external hard drive, and now I'm 1/4 into another external hard drive. I've also many files still on cards.

Today I let my video remain on a Great Blue Heron fishing below a spillway for 5 minutes while i was taking photographs elsewhere. It paid off...about 3/4 into the video he caught a bass that was as large as his head and, although it took some doing, he swallowed it down the gullet. It was amazing...

I want to keep the original video, but 4 minutes of it is unusable. It's just going to eat up memory. Would you bite the bullet and save the original anyway, or would you cut the unusable portion out and produce it and save just the good bit?

Dustie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2013 22:24

Dustie
I'm still working on it....
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Dustie -

Get your cast together & give them a stern talking to about wasting time on set. Four minutes down time??? I understand the issue. I have some miscreant pelicans taking up a few GBs on one of my drives.

Just keep the original. External storage is as cheap as chips. Leave the editing till you have that heron & its bass in the next project.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Oh yes, i do have a contrary cast. Today a pair of visiting bald eagles refused to fly closer to the camera, a really naughty River Otter ran away from the river and kept darting behind fallen trees so I couldn't get a clear shot(and I didn't even know he was in the cast)..so I'm going to have to hunt the little devil down...and then the time wasting heron. It's enough to make one want to work with a human cast sometimes.

Ok...I'll go looking for more memory. Anyone seen any sales lately?

Thanks Tony! Dustie
I'm still working on it....